Preventing pieces from turning around

spoox

I noticed when I was walking around in my suit the other day that my thighs started to turn inwards after a bit. This looks weird and having to stop and adjust them every few minutes or so looks weird too.

It wasn't so bad when I was doing test fits over my jammies but when I was wearing my black heat compression pants it seemed more slippery or something.

Is there a sollution for this?

Ok, easy fix usually. I use foam strips different thicknesses, placed in strategic places

Sort of catches my thighs in certain areas, and keeps it from rotating. usually only takes about two or three per thigh. I do this with the shins as well, as the forearms, and a couple other pieces. I put the pieces on and then look to see where the voids are at. :D

I had real "Rotation" issues with my Ep II white job...

I used foam rubber matting cut to shape and set inside the armor at the front and back, twin strapping down inner and outer sides and a 360 % foam rubber "collar" around the base of the thigh just inside the round-down lip.

A lot depends on how much room you have inside the armor and how its cut to fit you, play with it and see what works for you.

I had this problem a lot with my FX suit, but never with my TE2 or TM. I'm not sure — besides the shapes — what the difference was.

well... they are pretty tight since I am blessed with thunder thighs :lol: I was thinking about velcro but I do have to be able to pull my thighs up first without ripping and pulling on my compression pants.

I just went to walmart and bought some of this non-slip liner stuff in the kitchen isle and going to glue some of that on the inside of the thighs and then run around a bit once it is dry lol! Hopefully that works because I am going to do a 1 mile walk in the armor for a charity this Saturday!! :P

I added foam in my arms and that works like a charm!

P.S. I do envy you troopers with them skinny legs though! :blink:

P.S. I do envy you troopers with them skinny legs though! :blink:

Its great until you have to chop the armor down completely to keep it from being a trash can around your legs!

I also find thigh garters that properly position the legs help a TON

I had this problem a lot with my FX suit, but never with my TE2 or TM. I'm not sure — besides the shapes — what the difference was.

That's troo there more thigh shaped

I just have to continue losing weight I guess and invest in a new set of thighs perhaps from a different set. I already dropped about 35 lbs but I lose it everywhere except the legs haha. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I find the majority of troopers build their thighs too big and they build them like a straight tube. They should be tapered. Wide at the top and narrow at the knee. Look at the original pics.

They should also be fitted. Uou should not be able to stick your hand in the thighs, again look at the reference for sizing. I make mine so that there is barely any space or gap. A set of belt garters will keep them in place.

I find the majority of troopers build their thighs too big and they build them like a straight tube. They should be tapered. Wide at the top and narrow at the knee. Look at the original pics.

They should also be fitted. Uou should not be able to stick your hand in the thighs, again look at the reference for sizing. I make mine so that there is barely any space or gap. A set of belt garters will keep them in place.

he ant wrong i only needed to pad my for arms (the fome fell out) and it hasn't made much difference

• 2 weeks later...

i too did the foam in the thighs of my tx .. and the elastic from the but to the back of the thighs also suports the thigh and keeps them from turning -- i also had trouble with my shins turning - so i put a velcro square on my boot and at the bottom of my shin keeps them down and from turning and i can still walk with the back side free