*ACTIVATED* TD-7141 / SMALLY / SWAT OFFICER # 003

Smally

Smally,

Looking good my friend. I was wondering what armor you are using?

Just keep plugging along. Hope to see you at the end of the journey. :D If we dont go crazy :blink: getting there. LOL :lol:

Hey dude,

Ive been following your application also..... I feel your pain! :lol:

I'm sure we will both get there in the end and can have our celebratory beers whilst sat at out computers on different sides of the world :pint1:

My armour is TE2 and its a beauty to work with. It is so much stronger than my previous armour (as pictured in the above post) and it fits me much better too.

Wait for me at the other side of the SWAT gate dude! :salute:

Smally.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dude,

Ive been following your application also..... I feel your pain! :lol:

I'm sure we will both get there in the end and can have our celebratory beers whilst sat at out computers on different sides of the world :pint1:

My armour is TE2 and its a beauty to work with. It is so much stranger than my previous armour (as pictured in the above post) and it fits me much better too.

Wait for me at the other side of the SWAT gate dude! :salute:

Smally.

I dont know if if I am going to wait to drink after the whole ordeal, or BEFORE!! :lol::D

I hope you are right, about being worth it,and ending soon. I have taken alot of time from my many jobs to get this done, and geepers, it is like watching paint dry. :popcorn: LOL

Now that was funny.

Well, get on that weathering and hope to see you on the other side.

:salute:

about the move along E-11 i often wondered if there is really power cylinders and a counter.

you can see on this ANH pic reference an e-11 without power cylinders and counter.

Posted Image

and if you look good (not easy that's right) it seems that's the move along trooper have no this, you can find light behind the blaster, it done a light sun line, so seems there is not counter, and in logical it seems to be the same blaster (picture luke up) so probably not power cylinders.

Posted Image

Posted Image

just my point of view but it will be interested to know what do you think about this ;)

and Smally great work on your suit, it seems that the swat statut need many works, but you seems to be on the good way bro' ;)

Smally

Not had a chance to post just got Laptop back bud (Ipad wouldnt let me post) good luck looking good. :duim:

See you at NSC :D

jk

Hey Jerome,

Many thanks for the pics and input on this buddy. This really is a bit of a head scratcher :huh:

Command staff - what are your views now on the cylinders etc? May I suggest either no cylinders and no counter OR no cylinders but HAVING a counter? (as this would make it easier for me! :D although, it would not be hard to make a couple of cylinders if you say it's a must).

Thanks for the comments Jason ;)

See you at the weekend bud.

Smally.

Guest Locitus

about the move along E-11 i often wondered if there is really power cylinders and a counter.

you can see on this ANH pic reference an e-11 without power cylinders and counter.

Posted Image

I'm not going to argue the sandtrooper ref pics, but it's common knowledge that the hengstlers and quite possible the power cylinders were glued to the E-11s and in this picture I think you can clearly see that it has simple fallen off during filming. You can see the grey horizontal line where the hengstler used to sit, where the glue has left some residue when the hengstler fell off.

That being said, It's also common knowledge that not all E-11s ever had a hengstler, due to various issues with the prop department.

Don't mean to come off as rude. :)

Hey troops,

Ive had a busy day with my blaster and armour and have now finished both. Thanks to everyone for their input.

I have taken some pics of my kit minus the back pack and shoulder pouch to show off the weathering now. Here goes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Continued......

Based on the reference pictures shared by Jerome, I think it is acceptable for SWAT deployment as the Roadblock Captain to have an E11 with no counter and no cylinders since it is very evident that there is nothing blocking the light in the space where this parts should be.

I would also think we should allow full henglester and cylinder E11's since there are many references showing them just held by other troopers.

My recomendation for you Smally would be to keep the E11 with NO cylinders and NO counter.

I would like Noel's and the Command Staff validation anyway. So Bro, dont modify your blaster just yet.

Saludos

Based on the reference pictures shared by Jerome, I think it is acceptable for SWAT deployment as the Roadblock Captain to have an E11 with no counter and no cylinders since it is very evident that there is nothing blocking the light in the space where this parts should be.

I would also think we should allow full henglester and cylinder E11's since there are many references showing them just held by other troopers.

My recomendation for you Smally would be to keep the E11 with NO cylinders and NO counter.

I would like Noel's and the Command Staff validation anyway. So Bro, dont modify your blaster just yet.

Saludos

I agree with all of this! :duim:

That's easy, I'll just remove the counter. Do you want to see a pic of this or is my word enough? :)

Am I ready for swat yet?

Cheers all,

Smally.

Well, I would say, if you can post a picture of you in full armor and gear with your blaster for your swat profile, that would be enough... (pict should be with a gray or white background)

;)

I was going to ask you to add some base layer to your weathering, but you did that already.

In the mean time, I will double check with the command staff. But you look awesome.

Almost there bro!

Is that ok with you bro?

Saludos

As requested, here are my final SWAT application photos infront of a blank background. I have also removed the counter from the blaster (as pictured).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My niece and nephew wanted in on the action too. Notice the light sabre and rebel trooper helmet (home made) :P

Posted Image

Well that's it.....or is it!? :)

Cheers all,

Smally.

Wow Smally!!! you look great!!!! for a second i thought i was looking at a "sideshow collectibles" toy or something....good thing you put the kids in there....it brought me back to reality :)

nice work man

Wonderful JOB!!! Except the backpack is upside down. :wacko::lol::lol: Oh, must have had too many last night. :pint1::peace:

No not really, we are saving a seat for you, and holding off till you arrive.

:popcorn: See Ya Soon!

:headphone: