Build your own Dewback prod

Well, I have been working months on deciding how to build a dewback prod the best that I could. Light, sturdy, and as accurate as possible. here is what I came up with, and it can be built for less than $35.00 plus paint.

First I started off with RCA antenna extension tubes. They are 1 1/4" OD and 4'6" long. Then two 6" 1 1/4" sink extension tubes, and two mask washers, one tube of putty epoxy, black and silver paint, and plastic rubber dip.

First one tube, the slide in side is cut off flush. Put together the two sections and fill the small space in the middle with the epoxy. Next paint. While drying, take the two extensions and cut the threaded ends off flush. Take one section and cut off the smaller end to the length you want when the pieces are put together. Now take the washers and put on the one end, oposite of one another. Space how you want them to look.

Now take apart and glue joints. cut the end that slides into the antenna tube with slots to allow the piece to slide easily into the antenna tube. I cut 6.

Now paint the end silver and let dry.

While this is drying I made another epoxy putty ball and after neading together I pushed it into the butt end of the prod and fixed smoothed into place leaving a rounded blunt end.

Let harden.. Now take the rubber plastic dip and dip the ends of the prod. It takes about 2 times to get a rubber handle type feel.

Now when dry, place glue in the head end of the tube and slide the prod end into the pipe using some force to seat the piece in place. After drying you now have a prod that can be taken apart and transported in two 4" pieces. Very durable, light and stiff not flimbsy. :DPosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

That is spot on, may have to give that a go. Id it in one section or is it detachable for easy transport? May have to do it in 3 sections when I do mine so it's easier. Thanks for sharing that is excellent.

Nick

That is spot on, may have to give that a go. Id it in one section or is it detachable for easy transport? May have to do it in 3 sections when I do mine so it's easier. Thanks for sharing that is excellent.

Nick

Its two sections, but yeah you could do three... Just have to cut all three off shorter. I just used two :D Oh forgot, everything came from Lowes to. the antenna tube from the TV area, controllers, and cable connectors, and the rest from plumbing and paint.