TD-4510 Wayward child...The comeback kid

TD-4510

Move this post if its in the wrong area please :)

Its been years since I was a Sandtrooper. I think its time for a comeback :)

So I am going for deployed now. I have been away from you guys for a while so go easy on me. Standards have come way up since I was last in armor here. I will be posting progress pics and asking for advice as I build my armor and get my gear together.

I will be using my own helmet and going for an enlisted look, I think. If its acceptable I prefer the "move along" pack, but I may want to carry a T-21 and wear a black pauldron. Is that cool??

So far I have an old set of partially assembled armor, Size 9.5 boots, spanish ammo packs, MP-40 ammo packs, rubber gloves with latex hand guards and a few pauldrons coming from good brothers and sisters that I traded with right here at MEPD. I am negotiating a pack and still looking for a nice BFG. I still need an undersuit. I looked at walmart.com for the starter warm up undersuit, but they are always sold out or only have the shirts. The search continues...

The goal is to be deployed and present for the Comic-Con annual 501st photo :)

Here is what I looked like before. I hope to look better this time around.

Posted Image

SWEEEEEET!!!!! Welcome back "officially" lol

its totally cool if you mix and match gear for the "Deployed Police Officer" status....if you end up going SWAT, youll have to change it all to match the specific trooper but thats down the road.

Cant wait to see the finished project man

your first suit is already really cool, but like you said things have moved since small time, and there is now "easy" possibility to be more accurate than 2 or 3 years.

it is a really cool project to upgrade your suit.

can't wait the next ;)

welcome back :)

• 4 weeks later...

Got some goodies in trade recently and had some more time to work on the armor today. I havent posted all the progress but I assembled the forearms, biceps, abdomen, and helmet. I also purchased a crap load of fullers earth. :) Here is the armor so far. No weathering yet. I am waiting to get the whole thing assembled then I will do some. It already feels awesome to be back in armor!!

Posted Image

I weathered the helmet tonight... I was going to wait to have the whole armor and helmet set assembled but I am not a patient man... SOooooo I went ahead. This is probably the heaviest I have ever weathered a helmet. Is it too much?? This is all Fullers Earth. I sprayed the helmet with hairspray and then used various methods to apply the Fullers. I blew it on in the palm of my hand, brushed it on with a wet brush and flicked it on with a dry brush. Once it had dried I used a wet sponge to dab the fullers and a dry shop towel to blend it in. I also used a wire brush and sandpaper to get it highlighted and blended how I wanted. Not sure if this is the final weathering but I am pretty happy with it so far. What do you guys think??? Does it look real or "fake"???

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

How to put 200 Lbs of crap in a 50 lb bag....

Man its tight....

Arghhh!!! I over trimmed my thighs on the outside radius!. I will probably have to do the thighs over..

I always have to trim alot because I am only 5'8" tall but I hide it better usually...

Getting closer. Comic-Con is only a few weeks away. Better move my butt!!!

I got mostly everything assembled here. Got my hand guards from Karin. Still waiting on my pack. Still need a gun.

Which Pauldron?? Orange or White???

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awesome build, Mike!

Although I am partial to orange... I vote white pauldron. We'll probably see a better effect with the white one on when your weathering is complete. Hope to meet you at SDCC if my schedule works out! Posted ImagePosted Image

Thanks guys. I like the white too. It seems to fit better as well. I was thinking about painting the orange one black. Hey Mike if we could say hi to each other at the 501st annual photo that'd be real cool.

Do the thighs look stupid?? HONESTLY?

How to put 200 Lbs of crap in a 50 lb bag....

Man its tight....

Arghhh!!! I over trimmed my thighs on the outside radius!. I will probably have to do the thighs over..

I always have to trim alot because I am only 5'8" tall but I hide it better usually...

Getting closer. Comic-Con is only a few weeks away. Better move my butt!!!

I got mostly everything assembled here. Got my hand guards from Karin. Still waiting on my pack. Still need a gun.

Which Pauldron?? Orange or White???

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great to see you over on the dirty side, Mike!

Looking good so far. You might just be able to blend that top edge and pull the thighs up higher...but not sure without seeing it in person