TD-8503 Requesting deployment

Duncs

Hey Duncan....Looking great man! Congrats on your build....

I noticed you still have 4 buttons on your ab plate. youll need to change that over to 3 and its recommended you change your handplates to the latex version. Plus there needs to be a pic of your shoulder straps and things like that. review the deployment requirements here you are very close though man.

Hey Duncs,

Great job so far dude! Nice to see a black pauldron and a variant of the backpack too ;)

Just follow the link that Dirty boy has given you and you'll be deployed in no time!

With regards to the weathering - I like how you have kept it minimal, like the movies :duim:

Cheers,

Smally :td:

Looks not too bad. B)

Just need to check on a few things,

1) A pic of the colour of your lens to make sure it's green. Shine some light into the helmet will do.

2) A pic showing the separated kidney and butt plate.

3) A pic showing the D-ring on your E-11.

And I will also suggest stuffing some rectangular pvc tubes or equivalent into the ammo pouches to get a better shape. :P

Hey Duncan,

Welcome to the MEPD bro!!

First post and already requesting deployment! I like that kind of posts! :D

(I did that too ;) )

So, there are a few fixes and a few show offs you will need.

But let me tell you that your TD is looking really good already. And as others have said, your Weathering looks great. Very movie like. I do like the less is more approach better and yours looks good!

Let me list some mods of fixes you will need for deployment:

1. Change the 4 button strip for just 3 buttons on the ab plate.

2. Post a detail pict of your lenses showing they are green.

3. Detail picture of your ear caps gray rectangle (to see the detailing)

4. Detail picture of mic tips

5. Show us your canvas or elastic shoulder straps

6. Picture of separated keydney and ab plate (you don't need to be wearing it)

7. D-ring detail on E11

8. Add the "lab pipe" to the side of your pack... since "Strict screen accuracy is required" according to our CRL.

9. And remove the two electricians black tape strips since that kind of detail was only seen on the Road block Captains pack version.

10. Remove your amp from the belt, and wear your belt ammo pouch on the side righthand side. (will need a pict of this with you in full armor)

Except the last one, all the other you can post a picture of the mod or armor, no need to wear it. The last one, I do need to ask you to take a picture of you in full armor and gear to check your whole TD configuration.

And here are a few suggestions that are not needed for deployment, but would make your TD look better and be more accurate

1. As Dirty Boy said, it is recommended to use latex or latex like hand guards. However, you don't need to change them just now.

2. Add black elastic from to your shoulder bells and around the bicep.

3. Cut in a diagonal way each of the corners of the belt as shown in the link provided by Quebectrooper

4. Send that R2 D2 on the back to my place! ;)

It might look like a lot of work, but the most difficult stuff is done and ready. Just this few mods and you will be ready. This detachment prides itself not in being exclusive or elitist, but in having some of the most committed troopers that have raised the bar in accuracy to the next and the next level. We will be really happy to see you joining us as a deployed police officer.

If you have any question or need any kind of assistance, just post it or PM me. I am sure there will be a lot of ppl willing to help you out.

:D

You have done a great job so far, it wont be long till you are deployed!

If I can be of any help, just let me know.

Saludos

Juan

Thanks for all the tips guys :D

Ive added the lab pipe on the side of the pack and will get on the rest of the mods asap.

With the elestic shoulder straps though mine are loop velcro strips as thats how the front and back plates are held together ( with hook on the inside of the plates.)

I know its not screen accurate but i just sorta read into the "soft" straps thing that velcro could be used. Ill replace the set up if needs be ;)

Cheers

Duncs

Hey Duncs!

Glad to read you are already on the mods!

About the straps, I would suggest you to replace the velcro with elsatic. You could use velcro for fixing it to the plates for sure. Anyway, velcro is good for what it is, but under extreme circumstances, I would not use it since it is common for it to fall off. Heat, humidity and other factors make it not too reliable.

I use snaps in most of my strapping system.

Anyway, if you choose going the velcro way, use industrial strength velcro, and yeah, according to the CRL wording, you could be accepted with velcro, but it is not the best way to go.

:)

Saludos

• 5 months later...