MP-40 3 Pocket Hip Pouches

Well I had a task of making my own MP-40 3 pocket hip pouches just not sure if they are correct. I only have info from some guys and pictures and another website. I even made a "How To" on my website just not sure about the correct measurements. Some feedback would help. I also made the MP-40 Shoulder Pouch with the small tool pouch. All made of leather and all made by hand by me.

You can see the how to on my website here: http://www.tk1336.com/mp40ammopouch.html

I know most of you have these or have seen them close up.

I am guessing here the size of the pouches are 10" high and 5-1/2" wide the pockets are 1-1/4" deep.

I am adjusting the new ones I am making to match the same size as the shoulder pouch to me it looks more accurate in size and shape.

You Tell Me? :huh:

Thanks B)

I adjusted one of the pouches, the flap width and belt loop this is the front and back.

Yes these will be FOR SALE I will post them on the For Sale/ For Trade section once I upgrade the other one to match this one. info is also on my website.

post-2283-0-23490600-1303692137_thumb.jp

Dude!

Two things...

First... you need a new website :P

Second... those look great! :duim:

After looking at the process of making them I don't think I'll be taking on that project anytime soon. But truly, that's a killer set of pouches you've got there... especially because you can say you made them!!

Thanks Guys was not sure I got them right, I had seen some pictures from the movie with the flaps attached in the back with rivets and and some that are not cut off and re-attached in the back but they are one whole part. So I did one of each. The hard one was the shoulder pouch. This is the shoulder pouch with the tool pouch.The tool pouch clips on to the 3rd pocket. With some reference pictures is what I went by. When it is attached and you lean over it looks just like the snap shot taken from ANH.

Those are looking really good bro. Great work.

Can you post any pictures of the back side?

The one with the small pouch looks great too.

I think I saw somewhere that is how real pouches had the small one attached, right?

Just want to mention that afaik there is no 3 + 1 leather pouch in A new Hope.

But it looks awesome anyway. :)

Saludos.

The shoulder pouch seen on the "Move Along" trooper and "Look Sir, Droids!" trooper has the same basic shape of the standard pouch. However it has a much more complex strapping system which inlcudes shorter flaps, long, thin, leather straps and leather strap retaining loops. This pouch also has a "4th" pouch; a small tool pouch located near the bottom of the last elongated pocket.

Both canvas and leather versions of this pouch are available. Most of the canvas versions available are replicas as authentic canvas pouches of this kind are not easily found and quite expensive. The leather versions are more rare yet. After a year of searching I have only seen 2 complete leather sets and two incomplete leather sets. All were authentic, German MP-40 pouches.

Go to http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_pouches_leather-canvas.htm

Thanks

The shoulder pouch seen on the "Move Along" trooper and "Look Sir, Droids!" trooper has the same basic shape of the standard pouch. However it has a much more complex strapping system which inlcudes shorter flaps, long, thin, leather straps and leather strap retaining loops. This pouch also has a "4th" pouch; a small tool pouch located near the bottom of the last elongated pocket.

Both canvas and leather versions of this pouch are available. Most of the canvas versions available are replicas as authentic canvas pouches of this kind are not easily found and quite expensive. The leather versions are more rare yet. After a year of searching I have only seen 2 complete leather sets and two incomplete leather sets. All were authentic, German MP-40 pouches.

Go to http://www.looksirdr...ther-canvas.htm

Thanks

:D

Yep, I know that. Even considering that all the info on Art's site is awesome and a must know for all TDs enthusiasts, and even if he used to have a leather 3+1 pouch in his own Davin Felth build, it is still not proven that a 3+1 leather pouch was used on the movie.

Even further, it is of common agreement so far that the one pouch used by those two troopers was a dark green canvas pouch that looks black probably due to use, age and shooting lighting. And that, I learned from Art actually.

Trust me bro, I don't want to dis your pouches. I think they look awesome. And if you or anyone wants to use a 3+1 leather pouch for their builds it is perfect. No problem at all. I just felt I had to let you know this.

Check this thread, it is interesting and a most read for all pouch fans!

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4868&st=0

Please bro, I am not trying yo ruin anything for you. Just wanted to share this knowledge!

:D

Saludos

oh, no problem I could not add to that reply to say this was the only info I found on the subject so that is what I used. Is it true or not? All I can see is the pictures and do a close job to it. So no I am not offended in any way. I need the feedback I want to know how accurate these are.

One thing that does make sence is that they did redue some pouches to suite thier needs.

I am sure I would have purchased lots of ammo pouches of the same type and got them cheep if they were damages and just repaired them the best I could to make a good looking movie prop. That is what I think they did. B)

Also at that time yes you could buy ammo pouches cheep, not like today.

:)

No worries bro.

There is a LOT of knowledge in this forums. Researched and discovered by awesome Sandtroopers from the our community.

I seem to remember a few theories and facts backing some of them, about how and why were those pouches build.

Unfortunately, I am a bit busy at work atm. But if you use the search engine and have a little patience, I am sure you will find some great info about this subject.

I would say, try to find Rolf's threads on his pouch collection. Also, Art Andrews discussions and research for accurate pouches. And maybe find some info on sci-fire/imperial outfitters mp40 pouch project.

Also, in my own build/mod threads, I try to make a lot of references to important info I find...

And finally, I know Kenthork is the actual owner of Art's leather pouch featured in looksirdroids.com Maybe look for that for sale thread.

I will try and help you out later this week finding this info too. But today and the next days will be very busy over here.

****! I hate when works gets in the way!!!

;)

Saludos

Thanks, that would help a lot, Yep I work about 50 hrs a weak so not much time left to research. Still have to finish my TD armor, my helmet is done but will need to dirty it up along with these pouches. May make more accurate ones if I get the right info. :D

If you want to see the back side of the pouches just go here http://www.tk1336.com/mp40ammopouch.html

And if I get some canvas I could make a Canvas shoulder pouch with a small tool pouch attached. ;)

Man thanks mike this is going to help me out alot on my ammo pouches. I have a friend that does leatherwork would it be ok if I had him make them for me with your plans?

I wanted to ask first before I did it :)

Thanks

:D Sure that is what it is there for "Troopers Helping Troopers" I am adjusting the flap size (Width) and overall lenth from new info I got and they will turn out better than the ones shown.

One thing the Flaps are not wide enough on the ones I made. So I am making 2 more now with that adjusted into them. I will post that on my site too. I should have one done this weekend these really don't take to long to make only have to wait on the material to make them. And I may sell the 1st ones I did I think at some point in time.Once I get them down right. B)

Thanks,

Anyone who wants to make some ammo pouches can. I just ask don't copy them and post them on other websites.

I still need to scan them and people can download and print them out. It has been a year sence I worked with leather the last thing I made was a jawa Ion Blaster holster.

Please note when you make the flaps, I did up date the width. I may re-due these two pouches to that new size.

You can see on my 1st Post I did adjust the flap width and the belt loop width and I think it does look better. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Real nice. Mike if you get an avatar i'll buy a dozen pouch from you!

Well the only one I have for sale is the one proto-type One of the 1st ones I did. I do need to make another one to match the one I just finished.

• 2 weeks later...