Screws in return edge on bottom of chest piece...

jokerfish

I have seen a few pics of TDs with a small flat head screw in the bottom edge of the chest armor. Is this required? I like it, I would like to add it to mine if I can get a definite pattern on it. I bought a few screws at the hardware store yesterday just in case :)

This is how the original strapping was done. There are several troopers that have built theirs this way to replicate the original screen used armor. Stukatrooper and Firebladejedi were some of the first

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=12511&st=0

Its an accurate detail but I dont think its required for deployment or Swat.

It's not required at all — as Terry and Rick have said — and it is for the screen accurate strapping system.

If you want to do it, I'd say do the whole strapping that way.

Rolf can help.

Personally I like the look of the accurate without the strapping system.

I just troop too much I suppose. B)

Hmmmmmm, that is a thought! I dont know if I want to redo my entire strapping syestem though, but I do like the look, plus its just a little bit extra for some dirt to grab ahold of!

I may kick this one around a bit before I start drilling out holes though :)

It's not required at all — as Terry and Rick have said — and it is for the screen accurate strapping system.

If you want to do it, I'd say do the whole strapping that way.

Rolf can help.

Personally I like the look of the accurate without the strapping system.

I just troop too much I suppose. B)

Agreed. I think FISD Centurion will have those as "may haves" soon. I find the look cool, but am not sure I'd want to strap it that way.

Agreed. I think FISD Centurion will have those as "may haves" soon. I find the look cool, but am not sure I'd want to strap it that way.

Yes, it would be easy enough to add even for look. Even if you cut screw heads off and didn't really have them drilled through. :P