So How Are You? Tell Us Whats On Your Mind....

DirtyBoy

Just wanted to make sure everyone is ok and doing well....If you have anything you want to talk about please take a moment to share. It can be about home, work, 501st stuff or even just life in general. Whatever it is we are all here for each other :)

Ok o guess I will start it off then

Just got a package in the mail today from

Quartermaster it's my new darker green lens

For my efx helmet Very very happy with everything

Fast mailing great workmanship and great Presentation

Cool custom return mailing label and the great trading card

Showed off my efx to friend & family to mixed reviews

Most loved it and a few thought I was crazy and need a

psychological evaluation ( sister inlaw & my big boss )

Getting part together to make a mg-15 making it out PVC

Pipe and sheet PVC Will break down in to 3 pieces

For easy storage

Home front : great wife who supports me

And still working on dropping the pounds so I fit in to the armor

PS everyone is great friendly and helpful on here

Thanks Ed huff

Ok o guess I will start it off then

Just got a package in the mail today from

Quartermaster it's my new darker green lens

For my efx helmet Very very happy with everything

Fast mailing great workmanship and great Presentation

Cool custom return mailing label and the great trading card

Showed off my efx to friend & family to mixed reviews

Most loved it and a few thought I was crazy and need a

psychological evaluation ( sister inlaw & my big boss )

Getting part together to make a mg-15 making it out PVC

Pipe and sheet PVC Will break down in to 3 pieces

For easy storage

Home front : great wife who supports me

And still working on dropping the pounds so I fit in to the armor

PS everyone is great friendly and helpful on here

Thanks Ed huff

thanks for starting us off Ed. Its funny how excited we get for our new gear. My fiance always gives me the same look and says "it looks like your other one" my response is usually "no babe, see this paint drip here? thats not on my other helmet" or something along those lines...shes real supportive of it though :)

What i found worked for me when I dropped some weight was

*no soda or fast food

*switched to fat free milk and cut out the cheese on my hamburgers and butter on what i could

*skipped mayo and replaced it with lettuce and tomato

*drank lots of water ate lots of fruit and chicken :)

I dropped about 50lbs in 4 months and have kept it off for about 4 years now

To put it mildly, I've been really struggling lately.

My dad passed away at Christmas unexpectantly. The pain of that has been very hard to deal with. My mom is having a hard time adjusting and it hurts me to see her like that. It also has put a financial stress on all of us at a time when we don't need more stress.

I've been trying to get my armor finished for 501st membership, but between the passing and some illnesses, I haven't had much energy to get it done.

Thanks for reading.

My dad passed away at Christmas unexpectantly. The pain of that has been very hard to deal with. My mom is having a hard time adjusting and it hurts me to see her like that. It also has put a financial stress on all of us at a time when we don't need more stress.

I'e been trying to get my armor finished for 501st membership, but between the passing and some illnesses, I haven't had much energy to get it done.

Thanks for reading.

So sorry about your dad I can only imagine what you are going through

I can only say it will get a little better with time

My best friends dad was found in the barn with the horses on Xmas day

past away from a heart attack.

My best wishes for you and yours

I'e been trying to get my armor finished for 501st membership, but between the passing and some illnesses, I haven't had much energy to get it done.

Thanks for reading.

Pat, really sorry to hear about your Dad. I can only imagine how hard it must be on you and your family. tray and take it one day at a time man....my thoughts are with you and your family. If theres anything we can do to help....give a shout

Thanks for reading.

I'm sorry to hear that, :( I lost my cuson in 2008 and I can't imagine the pane u are going throw I hope u get the time to finish your TD armor and have some fun

Thanks for reading.

Hey,how are you? My Dad has been gone for 17 years now. I still think about him everyday. My Mom passed away when I was six and he basically took over for her as well. I have a lot of great memories of him and the one thing I strive for in life is to emulate him and be a Great Dad to my kids as he was with me. The one thing you will always have is memories of him and that is precious and something no one can take away from you. Be strong and if you feel like chatting,PM me-Dave

So sorry about your dad I can only imagine what you are going through

I can only say it will get a little better with time

My best friends dad was found in the barn with the horses on Xmas day

past away from a heart attack.

My best wishes for you and yours

Really sorry to hear this Pat. I lost my mum to Cancer when I was 18 (13 years ago).I was in the British Army at the time and was not allowed back to see her all that much before she passed. It was just me and my sister from then on - so you can imagine how close we are.

The only thing I can say about this sort of thing is - It's OKAY to move on with your life and don't feel guilty about doing so. Remember that special person, that way you never leave them behind. ;)

I also got a tattoo done down my inner forearm - it has my mum's name, Lesley, written in aurebesh (star wars language) - it's strangely something that just makes perfect sense to me and her.

post-3212-030472700 1300959415_thumb.jpg

Chin up Pat and soldier on!

Sorry to hear Pat.

I can only imagine how difficult you're having it right now, but the other guys are right. Even though the pain may always be there, you will be able to go on with your life.

Hang in there, and remember we are all with you, brother!

Really sorry to hear this Pat. I lost my mum to Cancer when I was 18 (13 years ago).I was in the British Army at the time and was not allowed back to see her all that much before she passed. It was just me and my sister from then on - so you can imagine how close we are.

The only thing I can say about this sort of thing is - It's OKAY to move on with your life and don't feel guilty about doing so. Remember that special person, that way you never leave them behind. ;)

I also got a tattoo done down my inner forearm - it has my mum's name, Lesley, written in aurebesh (star wars language) - it's strangely something that just makes perfect sense to me and her.

post-3212-030472700 1300959415_thumb.jpg

Chin up Pat and soldier on!

That is a great honor to your Mom Smally....Im a big believer in the ones we lost are actually the ones who have been found. They are watching over us and helping us navigate through our journey

Well...

This last weeks have been a real exciting roller coster ride with my first baby born last feb the 8th.

It has been a lot of fun, lots of learning and sometimes difficult to understand my new life and a new life perspective. But always good!

Being a dad is just awesome! The best thing ever. Me and Carla are super happy and just in love with Valeria, our baby girl!

:D

Thats why I have not been so often here, specially on the evenings and weekends, cause I am busy changing diapers and making small baby armors! LOL!!! (I wish)

Saludos...

Well...

This last weeks have been a real exciting roller coster ride with my first baby born last feb the 8th.

It has been a lot of fun, lots of learning and sometimes difficult to understand my new life and a new life perspective. But always good!

Being a dad is just awesome! The best thing ever. Me and Carla are super happy and just in love with Valeria, our baby girl!

:D

Thats why I have not been so often here, specially on the evenings and weekends, cause I am busy changing diapers and making small baby armors! LOL!!! (I wish)

Saludos...

Im glad everything is going so good for you guys :)

I know just how crazy it can be Juan....A baby truly changes everything and is unmatched by anything in this world. I see her pics on FB all the time....shes so cute :)

When my first son was born, I was in no position mentally to raise a child....I thought I was going to have to give up all the fun in my life....my weekends with my friends and hanging out til all hours of the night. The oddest thing about it is, my life is better than it has ever been...I would much rather be home with my family than standing in some nightclub or whatever. My sons are my life and would do ANYTHING to protect them.

Its truly an enlightening experience that no matter what people say about it, its impossible to really know until you are blessed with parenthood.

I´m sad to read that Pat, hope the best for you and your mom to come through these hard times together.

The world are insane, some of us are lucky, and can go through a long life happy whit out getting hurt much.

But most of us get some hard test here and there, lucky we are made to survive the most hard times.

Even it all can feel like a walk in ****, most of us come through.

personal i´m going through a hard divorce time, whit my son in the middle of it all, as i guess most of you have seen:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6711&st=200

Hugs to the band of brothers :)

Im glad everything is going so good for you guys :)

I know just how crazy it can be Juan....A baby truly changes everything and is unmatched by anything in this world. I see her pics on FB all the time....shes so cute :)

When my first son was born, I was in no position mentally to raise a child....I thought I was going to have to give up all the fun in my life....my weekends with my friends and hanging out til all hours of the night. The oddest thing about it is, my life is better than it has ever been...I would much rather be home with my family than standing in some nightclub or whatever. My sons are my life and would do ANYTHING to protect them.

Its truly an enlightening experience that no matter what people say about it, its impossible to really know until you are blessed with parenthood.

All part of the natural progression of growing up.When you have kids and experience the awesomeness of childbirth you are no longer #1 anymore.You step up to the plate and swing for the fences and lead the way.When we speak so brilliantly of our Parents-they lead the way for us and continue to guide us with their memories and spirit.To be a positive force in the life of a child is a Heroic act.

Been trying to think on how to put this into to words....

I don't know if I will ever troop in my Sandy armor.....I have been having flare ups with my muscle neuropathy , and skeletal illnesses and have had a gradual weight loss, I have lost 17 pounds over the last three months and now my armor is way to big for me to wear.... :(:blink: (I am 5 ft tall and weight 112 pounds I used to weigh 129)

I do not know if I will ever get it back to wear the armor properly and my Dr has even told me not to wear it, and put it away and wait and see how I am in the summer....Anything putting pressure on my neck shoulders and any thing on my body causes pain and we are trying to figure it out what is going on withthe neuropathy..it is scary and petrifying to not truly know what is going on...and after all the work I did on that armor and then not be able to possibly wear it has been a blow to me...I have made a Jedi costume where there is nothing blocking my vision and I can take off layers...has given me some consolation but I wanted to wear the Sandy the most... :( :( :(

Pray for wisdom for me on what to do, to wear it or not....

Diana (Short trooper)

Been trying to think on how to put this into to words....

I don't know if I will ever troop in my Sandy armor.....I have been having flare ups with my muscle neuropathy , and skeletal illnesses and have had a gradual weight loss, I have lost 17 pounds over the last three months and now my armor is way to big for me to wear.... :(:blink: (I am 5 ft tall and weight 112 pounds I used to weigh 129)

I do not know if I will ever get it back to wear the armor properly and my Dr has even told me not to wear it, and put it away and wait and see how I am in the summer....Anything putting pressure on my neck shoulders and any thing on my body causes pain and we are trying to figure it out what is going on withthe neuropathy..it is scary and petrifying to not truly know what is going on...and after all the work I did on that armor and then not be able to possibly wear it has been a blow to me...I have made a Jedi costume where there is nothing blocking my vision and I can take off layers...has given me some consolation but I wanted to wear the Sandy the most... :( :( :(

Pray for wisdom for me on what to do, to wear it or not....

Diana (Short trooper)

Diana. my prayers are with you....im hoping you get to wear your Sandy as well....no matter if you can troop in it or not....you are still one of us :)

Diana. my prayers are with you....im hoping you get to wear your Sandy as well....no matter if you can troop in it or not....you are still one of us :)

Thank you for the prayers they are much appreciated...i am not going to give up on it to wear it, and even if I don't.... I have it displayed in my room where I see it every day.

I have begun to wear my Sandy jacket again as it's not freezing out, that I put the MEPD and big Dewback & trooper patches on last year and have been getting a lot of questions about the 501st and the MEPD...I don't know if anyone has come here yet but i give them the web site and hope they come and look!

Even my Dr. asked me about it!

Diana (Shorttrooper )

Diana hang in there sis. If you need some replacement pieces I am here for you. ;)

Guys, things have been wierd for me too, I found the 501st after the mission I was on was scrubbed and I was re-assigned to another.

That mission has been seen to it's end. I've jumped off with some gents who needed me after one of thier team leaders died doing what he loved. So my new mission has been keeping me extremely busy. I think about MEPD alot, was even looking at my new pack build today. Guess it's going to take a bit longer but I hope to have my next TD ready to go for Summer. :td:

Diana hang in there sis. If you need some replacement pieces I am here for you. ;)

Guys, things have been wierd for me too, I found the 501st after the mission I was on was scrubbed and I was re-assigned to another.

That mission has been seen to it's end. I've jumped off with some gents who needed me after one of thier team leaders died doing what he loved. So my new mission has been keeping me extremely busy. I think about MEPD alot, was even looking at my new pack build today. Guess it's going to take a bit longer but I hope to have my next TD ready to go for Summer. :td: