Original Sandtrooper ANH Armour

TKuk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't hold your breath. :)

If this is just starting, it may be years before suits are ready.

Then again, they may have waited to post until they had more done than they let on.

Hmmmm... the planet may never know. :P

Should be ready in June :blink: , if so PPpparrttyy time :peace:

I think the post above is a bit negative...

I still welcome and support Simon and Rob.T, whit there new RS Props ANH suit all the way to the mepd.

To me those two men, are saints for the ANH costume prop world.

Personal i have wait for a thing like this since my child hood, and even more for the last 11 years in my costume hobby.

Now here it is, and i´m very happy to see it finial found it way to us all.

Peace out.

I am very new to this forum and very new to the costuming hobby.

I am seriously thinking about a sandy after MC delivers my snowtrooper and a sandtrooper cast from an original suit would be the perfect way to start a build.

I am watching this thread with interest.

Craig

I wouldnt think or worry too much about costs or things along those lines. Keep in mind it could be 6 months or 6 years for this to be released. There are going to be all kinds of challenges for these guys to overcome.

Im just happy that Simon has posted some photos with us and will continue to keep us in the loop on their progress.

Thanks again Simon

Yes Its awesome to see something that has survived all these years and be able to see details we have not seen before really. I cant wait to see more. What he needs to do is make a reference CD or DVD for us :)

I wouldnt think or worry too much about costs or things along those lines. Keep in mind it could be 6 months or 6 years for this to be released. There are going to be all kinds of challenges for these guys to overcome.

That's the truth.

This is neither the place, nor certainly the time to talk about what "might" happen "one day" based on something you perceive as "bad" from another maker.

Rolf, this is going to amount to what Simon wants to do with this. This is his and he can do anything he wants with it but if he decides to cast the gear and sell it then i would advise a strong caution because some people out there will definetely go out of their way to reproduce this gear at a cheaper price if the asking price is exhorbitant.

look at SDS:

725$ US for a helmet repro that has been cleaned up and does not even look like the originals is way too much for me.

at first this looks kinda great but when you get in site like mepd and fisd you can see that the man is really out to get your money by running a little scam.

ok his hands are responsible for the original helmets but are his hands and sweat worth that much?

id rather turn around and see Gino on this.

i am not saying that the guy has to be cheap, but he has to be reasonable or otherwise he will just shaft himself with this if he does decide to sell kits. It is easy to replicate this it is not even funny so if he offers good prices and his gear is of good quality then people will flock to him for sure.

the sad part now is that most people would drop support for the others like TE2 ATA and the others in favor of him in an instant.

so again that poses another problem, do we turn our backs to the ones who have helped us out for so long for something new or are we men enough to keep supoorting our peers while going forward with new discoveries?

The way i see it:

I think we are all ready off topic, talking about other peoples sales/business.

And comparing this new found screen used ANH piece of joy suit coming out, whit people like AA selling fake high price suits.

I think its wrong to talk about it might get recast, if the price is too high.

I think its wrong to talk about the price we want, when he´s the seller.

(the good high price stuff, are not the choice for every one).

Right now suits are in the price class from around 600$ to 1200$, i guess it will be around there.

Again nobody can force us to buy it, if its to high price.

And if it is.

It might not be would be recast any way,.

Look at our bro TM, he´s suit is one of the most accurate replica ANH suits.

High price too, but never got recast, because people respect he´s work/person.

To me only TE2 got the rights over the TE molds, as he buy them from him.

But the public have turn there back on TE as a person, and therefor i guess he´s suit/made by Dan Laws, get recast all over the world.

Please welcome Simon, and let him show what´s he got for us.

And not judge him, before he have not show us he´s suit in kit form, and to what price ready to come out etc.

I can´t see why he should not get the chance, like any other armor maker out there, to sell he´s product.

And even more this time, because its gonna be a clean ANH suit copy 1 generation cast.

Let us be positive, and happy for Simon being here.

As he could have kept this suit to him self, or through it out in the trash can, or just sold it.

But he is willing to share it whit us, and i wanna thank you for that Simon.

But again, the mepd is a open minded forum, and as long as the tone are friendly.

There are room for peoples different views, in this sometimes crazy jungle hobby of ours.

Peace out.

The way i see it:

I think we are all ready off topic, talking about other peoples sales/business.

And comparing this new found screen used ANH piece of joy suit coming out, whit people like AA selling fake high price suits.

I think its wrong to talk about it might get recast, if the price is too high.

I think its wrong to talk about the price we want, when he´s the seller.

(the good high price stuff, are not the choice for every one).

Totally agree! Why speculate on what might be.

Kokonut have delete he´s posts in the topic here, so reading through the topic.

Theres a few holes.

Oh well.... move a long.. move a long :td:

I can´t wait to see more from RS props asap :salute:

Simon is working with Rob McCormick on this project and Rob has been a good friend of mine for several years now. Rob and I both are very well respected vendors at TDH and Rob makes the most screen accurate Boba Fett jetpack and sells it at a price lower than most other sellers so He is very aware of the price dynamics of this thing. I have info about it I cant share but the process from what you've seen to a finished kit is going to be done with expert care. I want a kit so bad I can taste it too. Rob and Simon are in the UK and know full well how big a jerk AA is so dont worry about them setting a sky high price they will be flooded with orders when the time comes so I am certain the logic of making good money selling alot of kits for a good price will win over the urge to sell a few for a mint.

Simon is working with Rob McCormick on this project and Rob has been a good friend of mine for several years now. Rob and I both are very well respected vendors at TDH and Rob makes the most screen accurate Boba Fett jetpack and sells it at a price lower than most other sellers so He is very aware of the price dynamics of this thing. I have info about it I cant share but the process from what you've seen to a finished kit is going to be done with expert care. I want a kit so bad I can taste it too. Rob and Simon are in the UK and know full well how big a jerk AA is so dont worry about them setting a sky high price they will be flooded with orders when the time comes so I am certain the logic of making good money selling alot of kits for a good price will win over the urge to sell a few for a mint.

Thanks for shearing bro, i can´t wait either :dance:

Thanks for the info.

I know most people are interested in vac-formed kits, but are there any thoughts about doing unwearable resin/fiberglass statues, like you can find with C-3PO?

Are the pieces molded from the inside or the outside? It's okay if you can't/won't disclose that now.

As far as i know, the helmet is a inside cast.

And some of the body parts outsides, like the closing strip parts: Bicep, arms, legs, and shins.