How a Stormtrooper is made

DirtyBoy

Ugh... AA's propaganda.

Yeah, I've seen these on his facebook wall and on his site.

They're good for showing some process... but I just don't think AA is honest.

Funny thing is he could've been REALLY well respected and liked by everyone if he had simply swallowed his pride and said, "I WORKED on Star Wars." He had to take it to the extreme of "I MADE these originally."

Wow, I didn't know helmets were made from cheese :P j/k

That's why they think AA actually helped God in sculpting the moon.

At least that's what he claims. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so did he just make the skuplts for vakforming or just vak form it ?

Hope i get this right

There are 2 concepts stormtrooper helmet given to Lucas Posted Image

The one on the right of the picture was Nick Pemberton's(with an ashtray part) take for the stormtrooper concept given,and the one on the left was Liz Moore's(RIP,which last i heard also had a hand by Brian Muir on the last touches of the sculpt)

We all knew obviously which one that Lucas approved.

Then it was later 'revised' and made into 3 sections we all knew today so it can be used for vac-forming process. a process which i believe involved Nick Pemberton's choice involving AA,which is Pemberton's friend and knowing that AA had a facility(Shepperton Design) with a large Vac tables in it to produce canoes products and its only couple of blocks away from Pemberton's.

So AA didn't create the concept and sculpt At All like he claimed to date,he was just hired to producing stormtrooper helmets(minus painting the details afaik) with the finished sculpt given to him ready to be added with 'legs' for vac forming process(afaik). He almost constantly kept changing his claims with most can be broke down with evidence

FYI The stormtrooper armor he producing till this day is a recast of some of fan-made armor parts(and helmets?),afaik its GF's

I rad that he's a good guy to talk to,and with his involvement on the project he could be much more respected than he is today,but all of this is just too much. :angry:

I saw on his Facebook page(Original Stormtrooper) that Liz Moore's son is going to talk to him in person,hope he had what i hope to be,a new proof,maybe a picture of his mom sculpting the helmet and blew AA's claims once and for all!

(also on his facebook page,you can see a picture holding a T-track claimed that it was his and been using it for his blasters,it WAS NOT,it's Gino's picture of his T-track :angry:...meh )

ok rant's over -_-

oh crieky Not him ...................

As a vac former you have to admire his skills but then again if youve got the right tools you can make great items, look at TE (love him or loath him) built his empire using a kitchen oven, and we all know how good a set of TE armour is.

as for his sculpting skills its very crude to say the least

As mentioned i believe AA could have been very well respected in the prop community but unfortunately ego and greed have taken over in his life.

i hope that when the truth is shown to him that he has the decency to back down and admit he has lied, judging by his face book page, i have my doubts i think he has actually convinced himself he did design, sculpt and thus created an iconic image we all love, when in truth he has taken the credit away from a woman who is sadly no longer with us and unable to fight for whats rightly hers Recognition, and how AA can live with himself knowing this speaks volumes to me.

It's a shame that there wasn't that many photos of pre production this is a grate example of how lucky we are with all the handy cameras we have to record such pivotal thinds just wish thy had taken F loade more piks not just to prove a point but for records and reference

• 3 years later...

Thank god I'm not one of those people who believe something is true just because it's on the internet. Found shepperton on youtube and thought I had died and gone to heaven for a minute. Thank you MEPD. Bumping this so other newbies don't fall in to this trap. RS it is then. 6" 210 pounds. Think it'll fit?

That guy needs to go away and leave our community alone. He is focused on one thing and one thing only £££.

The fact of the matter is, he's a liar and a cheat, He's trying to suggest that he sculpted the Stormtrooper helmet when everyone knows it was the late Liz Moore. Shame on AA for this alone.

Not only do I dislike this guy but his helmets are sh*t. They're cheap, look awful, assembled by university students, and cost a fortune.

Do one AA, we're not interested.