TE2 ANH helmet(TANTIVE IV)

AJCG

Probably some of you have seen this lid in other forums but being this forum a place dedicated for sandies I thought you might like to see the latest helmet I put together ;) . I tried to recreate the "used" look of the Tantive IV stormtroopers. Everything is hand painted , no stickers of any kind.

I hope you like it and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers

A

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow! That is a sweet piece of work you've done there! I think a lot of painters are tempted to do too much damage to their helmets and it ends up looking kinda amateurish: you successfully walked that fine line between overdoing the distressing and making it look like it actually just came off the head of a veteran trooper. I'd love to see any WIP shots you might have. Bravo!

Great job, man! What method do you use for the paint chipping?

Thank you! :) For the chipping paint I used three coats of Rustoleum for Plastic Taupe color then liquid latex for mask out the areas for the chipping. Then three more coats of Rustoleum Professional High Performance Enamel #7592 Gloss White.

Cheers

A

Thank you guys for your kind words! I really appreciate it. I know it is different to the sandies but I am glad you like what i did. ;)

Great job, man! What method do you use for the paint chipping?

Thank you! :) For the chipping paint I used three coats of Rustoleum for Plastic Taupe color then liquid latex for mask out the areas for the chipping. Then three more coats of Rustoleum Professional High Performance Enamel #7592 Gloss White. I hope this help.

Wow! That is a sweet piece of work you've done there! I think a lot of painters are tempted to do too much damage to their helmets and it ends up looking kinda amateurish: you successfully walked that fine line between overdoing the distressing and making it look like it actually just came off the head of a veteran trooper. I'd love to see any WIP shots you might have. Bravo!

Thanks! I know exactly what you mean, it is not easy task because is hard to say when you added to much or if the pattern looks very even. My goal was to make it look beat up like in some of the shots on Tantive IV.

BTW what do you mean with WIP? no damage? Thanks again.

Cheers

A

Man!

That is awesome work!!

Really amazing.

How did you do the black marks?

And what kind of paint did you use.

A true piece of art!

Congrats.

Saludos

Muchas Gracias Juan! The black marks ironicaly are made with the neck trim and brow trim; I cut dfferent thickness to achive different strokes. Also there is some charcoal to make it uneven.

For the paint I just type it on my previous post I think.

Un cordial saludo :salute:

A

:blink: sell me it!? :blink:

I got rid off my ANH helmets and this is the only one I have beside a hero. But I keep it in mind B)

Cheers

A

Awesome work A. I love the screen used SW universe look. Top notch. :D

Thanks a lot Joe :duim: You know I put a lot of time on this one so I am glad you like it buddy.

A

• 2 weeks later...