The fun begins. Copper frame elbows.

Quebectrooper

Pat. On my pvc frame, i drilled a 1/8" hole in the junctions where the pipe inserted into the elbows and popped 1/4" long aluminum rivet in to lock the junction.

Secure, lightweight and nearly invisible (install them on the underside of the pack frame).

Pat. On my pvc frame, i drilled a 1/8" hole in the junctions where the pipe inserted into the elbows and popped 1/4" long aluminum rivet in to lock the junction.

Secure, lightweight and nearly invisible (install them on the underside of the pack frame).

Ya that's what i tought. I'll follow that route!

Thanks Pandadude..

Looks great Pat! Really like the tops, that's nice and accurate! Makes me want to make another frame!

Yeah!!!

Me too!

I will start considering this for my pack project this year...

Question: What did you use to cover the top of the tubes on the sides?

Saludos.

The top covers are plastic buttons with e-6000 glue .

Why copper ? cause my grandma said so !

I was just walking around the hardware store and saw those wich are smaller than the pvc ones. I was gonna fill the little edges between the elbows and pvc tube with bondo to make it even but nahh too much work. I'd rather play chess online while sippin' on a coffee!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Went to The Home Depot today to check these out. They are nice and would look a bit better than the PVC elbows, but they are HEAVY! Six copper elbows compared to six pvc elbows is significant. Not sure exactly how much weight as I didn't throw them on a scale, but it could be at least 1/2 a pound. I know it may not sound like much, but after trooping for hours with your pack, that 1/2 pound might feel like more. I love trying to make my builds as light as possible and these just won't do for me. Now if you can find them made out of aluminum, now we're talkin!

Awesome looking frame Pat, nonetheless. I guess I can always give the guys ordering a choice. If they don't mind the extra weight, I don't mind building it.