TE Helmet weathering

TD-1536

I'd like to get a little input on it... quite honestly, I think it's perfect as-is. It's the fourth helmet I've weathered, so I think I have it down, but this was the first time I used the tempura paints and fullers Earth with hairspray. It probably took four to five hours? I wanted to keep the pictures big so you can see the detail. I also did the accurate paint chips, too, so you can see the khaki color in places... while the overall paint scheme is not the 'Stop That Ship' trooper, I used his paint chip configuration for the most part with a few added bits here and there.

Pictures are here

DAG NABIT!!!!

Mike's raising the bar - again! That's probably the best sandtrooper helmet interpretation I've seen!

Mike me thinks your helmet equals or maybe even surpasses TK-409's sandy bucket! GREAT JOB!

Guns

ePS: No offense meant towards Chris Bartlett's "great" armor of course! Chris DID set the standard for TD with his outstanding TE armor and website info...

very, very well done!

keep it as it is now!

one of the best weatherings i´ve ever seen...

btw: what colour did you use for the white painting before weathering?

GREAT JOB!

Thanks for all the comments fellas. I'm hoping to have the armor weathered the same way next month. Seth should be coming down and we'll have a few beers and weather armor, perhaps take some progress pics.

I had TE paint the helmet khaki first, then I masked off the paint chips with latex and painted in white using the Krylon plastic fusion stuff.

Would that be White or Dover White?

Krylon Fusion gloss white, sku#2320.

I had to use it because the khaki color underneath was the same kind of paint and only the Krylon Fusion will work sprayed over it.

However, generally speaking, if you don't use the Krylon Fusion White, I would recommend the Rustoleum Gloss White in the tall silver can, SKU# 7592. It's finish is fantastic!