Decided to re-weather my suit.

Plastic Fury

When I originally weathered my FX suit, I got a lot of compliments on it but I was never truly happy with it. The way I did it just did not look "natural" to me.

Over the last few months, I really grew tired of the look of the FX thighs and shins. I had a chance to pick up some AM thighs and shins and decided to grab them and swap out my old ones. I tapered them to actually fit my thighs this time (and glued them front and back) using the butt join and cover strip method, to make them look better.

Now with new legs, I decided that it would be easier to just clean the suit and weather the whole thing again, vs. trying to match them (and as I stated, I was unhappy with the weathering anyway).

A couple of pics of the thighs and shins with the first layer of weathering; (I am doing the lower part of the suit dirtier, and lightening as I go up)

Posted Image

And a couple of the completed shins with the second and third color applied;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here I was when I did the first weathering with the full FX body;

Posted Image

and now after re-weathering the FX and with the new AM thighs and shins;

Posted Image

I have a few fitment tweaks to work on but I am very happy with the change, both on the weathering and how the thighs look. I HATED that tree trunk look on the FX thighs, these are much better looking now, even with my bigger legs, the taper just looks so much better and of course higher and closer to the AB section.

Just figured i'd toss it up and get the opinion of my MEPD brothers. I need to get a better daytime pic so I can send it in for the front page.

Wanted to thank Pandatrooper for all of his tutorials, gave me some great ideas on assembling these parts and for the weathering too!!

Those thighs are MUCH better for sure!

And I love both weathering jobs!

I'm doing more of a "screen accurate" on my STS build... which is a lot less than what I personally have now too. What I have now is more of a "stylized" weathering. Like what people think it'd look like if you told them "sand covered stormtrooper". I love it... but I'm excited to have something with "less is more" too. :)

Seann that looks great!

I have an accurate armor for my TK but decided recently to build a TD with my old FX kit that's been in my closet. I made a return edge on the shoulder bells ,chest plate and i'll glue cover strips on my shins and thighs and also trimmed the top of the thighs.

Show us more pics.

Pat :)