My version of the Sonix Victory 75

Obievon

This is what I did to make my Sonix Victory 75. I stated with Post Office mailer box that was just about the right size. I had to cut it down just a little. Then I covered it with aluminum tape to give it some strength.

I then started cutting the pieces out by using plastic signs. I glued them all to the box and then drilled the details and added little nails.

I used the bottom of a aluminum can for the dial detail and cut the lens cover out of a cd case. The dials are from pill bottles and 5 hr. power drinks. I heated up the biggest dial and pushed the smaller one down on it to give it some depth.

The main speaker design was created by gluing the template to the plastic then cutting it out like a sun shape and added a 35 mm can cap in the center and separated the plastic to give it the desired shape. (Soaked it in mineral spirts to remove the paper from the plastic.)

Primed it and painted it, added some small details,weathering and there you go. Oh and I added a broken antenna and the side jacks just for the fun of it.

Sorry I didn't take pictures as I went along, when I get into a project i tend to just role with it.

I used these plans. Here Thanks apeers.

well i hope this give you all some ides of what might work. I do plan on making another one and more accurate as I can.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also added a mP3 player that has the Trooper chatter on it. Then I attached the whole thing with industrial velcro to the pack.

Posted Image

Thanks guys. It's not 100% accurate but with a little more work it could be closer. This really was just a test and proof of concept. I'm going to take a little time off and enjoy some Trooping then get back to it this winter I hope. I plan on re-doing the whole back pack.

Thanks again and I hope this can give someone else some ideas until we find a real Sonix radio.

• 1 month later...

I said it before, but looking at this again I can only repeat myself... this is one of the best scratch built radios I have ever seen, if not the best.

Beautiful work, detailing and weathering!

I really like the antenna too. Not 100% accurate but it sure gives it a great touch.

Congrats man.

Saludos.

That is amazing man, did it start as one of those Priority Mail boxes?

Yes it was a Priority box. The dimensions are a little off ( I had to cut it down for proportions ) but it works as you can see.

About the antenna, I know it's not 100% accurate, but for this version I thought it gave it a little something. ;)

I do plan on trying another version and improving on what I've learned and that one will be more accurate. This was just a prof of concept for me and a trial run.

When I do get around to making another one I'll take more progress pictures and post them.

Thanks again for the complements, looking forward to more improvements in the future.

Happy Holidays All!