radio side connectors

kenthork

right now i built my new radio, and i really wonder what was used on the screen used radio on the side, i can't find good pictures about this.

and another question, is the connector or something else was on the radio or only on the vinyl around it...?

on the screen used picture of back pack it is really difficult to say if there are these connectors.

maybe someone have an idea of what was used.

what everyone has used on his radio?

the only picture with left side i have :

Posted Image

I thought the same thing.

----------------------------

what style of dots did you used rolf? i like the style, seems to be like Rear snaps.

They are the same type, you use for adding your belt together whit.

You know the metal dots, going through the plastic belt to the canvas belt.

I just use the back side of them here on the side radio, don´t know if its 100%, but look ok i guess.

Let me know if you can, or can´t find some bro :)

I like the phono jack in the bottom pic. B)

It's too bad the guy who found the radio didn't offer more pix or sell it to one of us. <_<

http://forum.mepd.ne...onix

I'm not that confident he actually found the radio.

How come there are no more picts or references or even replies?

He might, but it just feels strange to me.

Anyway...

Saludos

I'm not that confident he actually found the radio.

How come there are no more picts or references or even replies?

He might, but it just feels strange to me.

Anyway...

Saludos

I'm with you on this bro. I'm just not 100%.

If you have found something that is so important then you should share it and not keep it shrouded in the mist..

But I think too that they are 2 jacks for either a mic or a headphones..

And I like your idea Juan.. :)

I have a question, has anyone go so far as to recreate the vinyl binding covering the outside of the radio? Also the antenna is plainly visible in post #2 on the screen used packs. I will be using a folded strip of vinyl on mine and an antenna.

My 2 cents on the side connectors is in the 70's headphones were the giant coconut sized ones with 1/4" pin jacks

and the spots just dont look big enough to me. I could be wrong but I have played guitar for 25 years and seen alot of that sized input jack.

Look at the radio in post #4 the front on view shows that nothing sticks out past the side of the radio a headphone or mic jack would have the standard nut that screws on to hold it and it would stick out from the side and be visible from that angle. I think they are just there to hold the vinyl band around the outside on.

I have a question, has anyone go so far as to recreate the vinyl binding covering the outside of the radio? Also the antenna is plainly visible in post #2 on the screen used packs. I will be using a folded strip of vinyl on mine and an antenna.

My 2 cents on the side connectors is in the 70's headphones were the giant coconut sized ones with 1/4" pin jacks

and the spots just dont look big enough to me. I could be wrong but I have played guitar for 25 years and seen alot of that sized input jack.

Look at the radio in post #4 the front on view shows that nothing sticks out past the side of the radio a headphone or mic jack would have the standard nut that screws on to hold it and it would stick out from the side and be visible from that angle. I think they are just there to hold the vinyl band around the outside on.

I have already bought the vinyl that will be used to build the covering. It is something called vinipiel in Mexico, that could be translated as vinyl-leather. I am planning to place it with folded edges and so. But have been super busy with work and also with my first baby coming soon. So... some projects are still on the work bench as this, and Gordon´s syphon...

About the input jacks, I think you are right. I do remember that back in the 70s headphones had this huge plugs... I do have some old headphones somewhere around. And the jacks don't seem to be on the picture Rocko posted. So... Any new ideas?

Somehow I do feel that those are intakes for something, and not only rivets or so, for fixing the covering...

What do you all think?

I wish we had some more reference pictures of the real radio.

Saludos

i think it is important to differentiate the original radio to the one used on the back pack in the movie.

the original radio victory 75 is for sure used in film it was the base but i think the prop maker changed it a little to put on the backpack, but i'm not sure in regarding movie pics that there is vinyl covering, and regarding on the others movies pics it is really hard to see if there is connectors on the side in the movie in fact.

it seems like said Woody that it is only on the vinyl covering.

-->>another thing that i wonder : is the two switches are silver like the original radio, or paint black, it is really hard to see in regarding pics.

what do you think? there is more question than answer although we found the original Radio :D

Agreed....for something of such a significant find not to have any additional images or information. seems odd to me as well. hopefully he is just super busy building a replica :)

If I found the real radio I would have posted 200000 pics the same day I found it.

If you go to the 501st thread there's a pic from the TV show "The Avengers" with a guy holding the radio and you can see something on the other side of the radio.

I dont know about RCA jacks either, they would stick out further than the headphone jack would I think.