Thank the Emperor for the MEPD

ground pounder

Having attended a few troops now, just wanted to make a couple observations.

I am SO glad to have TE2 armor. Having seen other TKs at troops(all FX)makes me feel a little bit more special. I am glad for all the history (of posts) here on the MEPD forum that detail all the little things about TDs from ANH. I learned everyting about (correct) armor, armor construction, and wearing armor here. Just wanted to say thanks to anyone that has every posted build threads and to everyone who has put time into studying every tiny detail about TDs. The details really pay off and I am always getting compliments on my TD impression.

Just wondered if anyone else gets a little peeved about other stormtroopers acting .... buffoonish (the best way I can think of saying that). Not that I can't cut up, but dancing around and acting like a clown while in armor isn't my thing. And I wonder why so many TDs do that? Call me a stick in the mud but I am all about business when I am in my TD armor. Yeah some kids get scared at first, but when I talk to them and shake their hands they warm right up (usually). And asking them if they have seen those two elusive droids helps to keep the impression!

Also wondered why so many TKs wear a pauldron? No dirt, no TD details. If you're going to do something at least do it correctly.

Just glad that I found the MEPD. I have learned alot from guys all over the world. Looking forward to completing my pack so that I can be deployed.

LONG LIVE THE MEPD!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more man! B)

Thank you Lord for the MEPD.

Thank you for TE2 armor.

Thank you for brotherhood and camaraderie!

And yes... some guys are certainly bafoonish in armor. I think it's their defense mechanism for feeling like they're "playing dress up." Helps them retain their sense of, "I'm a man!" Or at least, "I'm a college guy!" :D hahaha

Seriously though, we have one guy here in my Garrison that does all sorts of craziness in his armor. Dancing, running, falling over... and it's all pretty silly. The crowds seem to love it, but it's certainly not my bag. I'm like you... in character from start to finish. I like being serious and a bit "intimidating" even. Nothing you can really do about the silly ones though. I mean some of the other great MEPD here probably fall into that camp... but we just have to let them be. It's a free Empire after all. (so quit it guys!) :P

I try to keep it professional while in costume.

although, i will do whatever is asked while in armor if possible and appropriate

I've ran, danced, taken prat falls, and even roller-skated (which resulted in crashing twice)

It's all part of the show.

The fans love it and the clients love it.

???

No pauldons on TK's in my garrison. Must be a local thing in yours if it's allowed, same with bafoonery. My question is, if it bothers you so much, why not be a stand and try to stop it?

And yeah, I'm thankful for TE2 as a person even more than the armor. There will always be better plastic in the future, but there will only ever be one TE2.

Glad to know I'm not alone!

If guys want to act silly I'm not going to stop them. They can do what they want (we are not in the Empire after all). I just walk away and do my own thing.

As for the pauldron stuff, haven't seen it in my garrison but it was ALL over CV. So I was just curious what the thinking was since I am new to this.

And yeah TE2 is one great individual :duim: ! Great to deal with, professional and helpful.