Fett Dent

FryGuy

Been doing some thinking. Anybody ever consider a Fett-style dent in their armor? Maybe not so much from a blaster hit, but maybe a hand-to-hand-style like "that farkhole just hit me with a womprat club" sort of thing.

This been done before? I will try this effect on some spare armor parts I have and post the results.

In some screen caps I swear I can see what looks like cellulite on the butt/thighs. Not sure this would really be much of an issue for normal trooping, but you should check with your GML for anything canon.

In some screen caps I swear I can see what looks like cellulite on the butt/thighs. Not sure this would really be much of an issue for normal trooping, but you should check with your GML for anything canon.

Man...you must be watching on a real good HD!

Been doing some thinking. Anybody ever consider a Fett-style dent in their armor? Maybe not so much from a blaster hit, but maybe a hand-to-hand-style like "that farkhole just hit me with a womprat club" sort of thing.

This been done before? I will try this effect on some spare armor parts I have and post the results.

could def look cool but may keep you from doing "LFL" events that require strict screen accuracy. Also certain GML's are very picky when it comes to things like that since they are essentially signing off that your armor is movie accurate.

however, its your armor....do whatever the HECK you want!!!! :blink::lol: :lol: :D:blink:

I dont think it would make sense because the armor is supposed to be a "plastoid" type armor and being so and not metal leads me to believe it wouldnt dent.

Good to know.

I always thought it was made of something called durasteel (don't know why). Which to me sounded like very strong but light and durable steel... Anyway, Im no expert here. My armor is made of plastic ;)

Saludos

I dont think it would make sense because the armor is supposed to be a "plastoid" type armor and being so and not metal leads me to believe it wouldnt dent.

Thats kind of how I always figured it too. Same on the blast marks, I always wonder when I see huge blast marks on troopers because I don't remember seeing too many TK/TD's taking blaster hits and getting back up :D :D :D

You are right. I thought troopers were durasteel, but Vader's was durasteel (and Fett's before he upgraded). Stormtroopers were plastoid, so a "Fett dent" would not happen.

Blaster hits could, however, happen...

(From Wookiepedia)

"The most obvious function of the armor was protection against weapons fire and battlefield hazards. The armor, and the body glove worn beneath, were designed to disperse the energy of a blaster bolt and insulate the wearer, lessening injury. Although standard armor lacked the durability to make the wearer immune to cannon fire, it could partially deflect or disperse energy from low, medium, and high-energy blaster bolts; though the wearer may be incapacitated, survival would allow the trooper to receive advanced medical treatment that may return him to service. It also deflected stun beams, and served as excellent protection against explosions and shrapnel, thereby drastically reducing the effective casualty radius of fragmentation weapons used against troops wearing such armor."

lol Wikipedia can say that I guess I am just going by what I saw in the movies. Every time I remember seeing a Stormtrooper take a blaster shot in the original trilogy, they were not getting back up lol.

Even if they did survive, I am sure the Empire could afford to replace that one part of damaged armor :D

Even if they did survive, I am sure the Empire could afford to replace that one part of damaged armor :D

Could, yes...But would they? I think of it like we are kind of on our own on this hot-arsed, gosh-forsaken desert heck hole. Some drunk farmer taking pot shots at us because we are answering a domestic dispute call, or breaking up yet another fight at the cantina wouldn't have a cannon, but more likely a smaller blaster. Our armor could repel firepower of that magnitude.

I guess I have been watching too much "Cops- Tattooine"

• 3 weeks later...

along with weathering is it ok to have blaster scoring...tastefully done? it would sure add to the rugged look.

Jared.....weathering should be as close to screen accurate as possible but really comes down to what you are looking to do. screen accuracy or personal liberties....whatever you decide....make it fun for you bro :)

It never has been an issue in the past. One of the fun parts about being a sandy is that between weathering, pouch placement, pack tweaks, etc. you can really personalize your gear within due bounds, and thus every TD will look different.

While it's great to have screen accurate references, I hope we don't get so anal that people have to replicate dirt patterns to be accepted.