• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all.

Well, after working my butt off building 12 Sandtrooper Backpacks since November, I figured it was time to take a break and get this armor done for myself!

I will be posting more pics later of the build progress, strapping, etc., but here are a few pics of the helmet, shoulder bells and handplate that I just finished painting.

This set is being built for an Incinerator Trooper (as some of you may know)

Most of the other armor pieces are taped up and ready for paint. Hope to get them done this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Here ya go.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Command Staff, if this build should be in another area of the forum, please move it. I don't want to use this area for a non-TD armor build if there is a more appropriate section to post in.

Dude... that is awesome!

AM kit with an eFX bucket is totally what to do that sort of thing with!

Very nice!!

Thanks Noel. Caught your post over at the FISD as well. Thanks for the props! Really looking forward to getting this done. More pics to come soon, including my new Flamethrower / Plasma Blaster!!!!! :D

Worked on the bucket a bit more last night.

Installed correct blue tube stripes from TK4510 (thanks Mike).

Installed black mesh screen behind frown.

Installed ear screws.

Installed mirrored green lenses.

Installed kevlar military helmet padding indentical to how it is installed in my TD bucket.

Here are some more pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got a bit more accomplished. Here are a few more pics of the build...

The Thermal Detonator is riveted directly to my canvas belt. One less thing to worry about during the suit up!

I also left one end cap open so I can use it for storage if need be. Canvas belt is a TKittlle and it has a thin plastic shimm sewn inside for strength. (Thanks Rob!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right thigh, and bicep armor taped and ready for paint...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are some armor pieces after painting...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey Man,

Quick question on the paint technique I just painted a lid, mainly the vocoder and the ear bumps, and was getting a raised edge from where the lid was taped off and the paint I sprayed. Yours edges look really flush to the white how did you do that? I really looks good, and wanted to know for future projects.

Thansk

Hey Man,

Quick question on the paint technique I just painted a lid, mainly the vocoder and the ear bumps, and was getting a raised edge from where the lid was taped off and the paint I sprayed. Yours edges look really flush to the white how did you do that? I really looks good, and wanted to know for future projects.

Thansk

I still do have a slight raised edge. I did go over the edges very lightly with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Picked them up in The Home Depot. You dampen the sponge and lightly go over the edges. Blot dry with some paper towels

All the painting is completed. Still have to do some light weathering. I'm not gonna go to heavy. A few chips and scratches here and there.

Layed it all out to see how it looks. Forgot to put out the red pauldron.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wanted to share my newest weapon for my newest Armor build.

This is an Incinerator Trooper Plasma Canon / Flamethrower.

It is a custom build by Dashrazor, the only current 501st Legion approved and FISD EIB approved Incinerator Trooper.

This is V3 or Version 3 of his builds. I had it sent to me with just a base coat of paint and I did the final painting and weathering myself, as well as added a few more details.

The main body and stock is an Airsoft rifle, which looks almost identical to the screen used weapon.

The forward section is made of thin walled PVC, wood and metal.

It also contains a working plasma generator in the barrel that lights up when fired. A small control pad has 10 different sound effects to choose from and the speaker is housed inside the Flame accelerant tube (blue tube).

The whole thing weights about 4 lbs and breaks down into 4 sections for easy storage and transport.

This thing is AWESOME!!!!! Can't wait to troop with this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is a few more progress pics.

Helmet interior and Pauldron Mod are completed.

I installed 2 small squirrel cage style fans in the lower front of the helmet. They run on 9v batts each with the on/off switches mounted in a small projecct bow witch is velcroed into the rear of the bucket. Plenty of freash air.

Also mounted my Memorex wireless transmitter and mic into the helmet as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pauldron mod completed to have it angle and curve slightly down over my shoulder as per the game screen caps.

Posted Image

Posted Image