Armor Master Build

Quartermaster

Wanted to share my new "AM" Armor build. This is not going to be for a TD. It will be for my Incinerator Trooper. Already have the red pauldron for it! Really wanted to do something no one else has and I really like the way this character looks. Painting to come soon.

Here are a few pics.

The thighs and calves/shins are ABS glued with reinforcement strips on the inside of the seams. Calves will be velcroed in the back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Biceps are ABS glued together. Forearms are glued one side and velcroed on inside seam.

Posted Image

Posted Image

New EFX bucket has teeth filed out larger and frown re-painted to ANH gray. Also painted interior flat black.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The details on the AM armor looks quite sharp... Looks greaat, shame about not getting it dirty!!!!

The details are very sharp! Really glad I went the AM route. Very thick, great pulls and very easy to put together. Everything lines up perfectly. Also, I'm a bigger guy with an athletic build. 6 ft tall, 215 with big thighs and big calves and this set is geared more towards the bigger trooper.

As far as getting it dirty, I am planning another set for a new Sandie some time down the road. This one will be a little weathered....and RED! (well, in some places anyway!)

Here is what I am shooting for.....

Posted Image

That armor is coming out really cool John!

Good job bro!

AM armor looks really nice, sharp, and with lots of details.

The incinerator trooper is not my style, too much red and too little sand ;) but Im sure you will end up with an awesome armor there.

Keep us posted on your progress...

Saludos

Worked on the upper chest and back armor. Decided to try something different here. Connected the front and back at the shoulders first. Then attached the ribbed shoulder straps on top. the sides will line up and be velcroed with a slight overlap. It will have more of a Clone Armor type finish. Shoulder bells will attach via snaps to the attached black elastic strips.

Also got my new Red INC Trooper Pauldron.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

NYCC??? will it be ready?

Well, considering I haave about a month to go till then, I am hoping so. I will be going Saandie first and foremost of course. Especially given the nature of what we (Troopers helping Troopers) will be doing there as representatives of the MEPD.

I may bring it as a second costume, if I have the room to transport it and the time to armor down and back up again.;)

We shall see!

OOOOH!Nice,Q.Just a word of warning though.At the last NYCC we had a closet (small room) for a changing area.Reminded me of the Circus when the clowns climb into that little car....

Thats no good!!! if I didnt think parking was going to be such an issue I would bring the changing trailer. I checked on booking a room and it was $400.00 for the night :(

I'm jealous! :P How can you guys build your armor so clean and well(no glue dropping etc),daym

Most of it is just being very careful and taking my time. I also use Blue Painters tape to line up straight edges and cover parts that may get glue overlap on them. Once it is dry, I just peel the tape off. Works pretty good.

Moving right along with more of my "AM" Incinerator Trooper build.

Decided to attach the upper back piece to the lower butt by adding some ABS strips to the inside seam. Just feels better to me.

Added some ABS shims to the sides as well. Once armorr is on, I just line up the sides and Velcro the shims to the inside of the AB plate. No side gaps! This stuff is awesome!

Installed snaps in the crotch and installed white elastic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pics of the progress...

Posted Image

Posted Image

The biceps have a short elastic piece connected with a rivet that then snaps to the shoulder bell.

The rivet is painted white on the outside and is hidden under the shoulder bell.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Connected the knee plate via two rivets on either side, then painted them white.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next up...connecting the strapping for the thighs and the harness for the mid section.

This is looikin' tight!!

And by "tight" I mean well executed... not physically constraining.

Though it might be both.

Thanks Nol. Definetely not tight in terms of constraining though. I made sure that I built plenty of room into this kit.

It will have enough "play" in it that I could adjust it accordingly for any weight gain or loss without to much trouble.

good job John.

seems to be in good way :)

one things, armor triceps round should be placed under the armpit and not before or Behind.

but perhaps for the incinerator trooper it is not the same as TK and TD?...

Posted Image

Yep!

Good eye Jerome!

The thumb print should be pointing to the torso and under the armpit, not to the back.

Just a small adjustment.

:D

Saludos

You guys are good! You don't miss a thing!

You are correct, the bicept is not under the bell correctly and I struggled with this a bit when getting to this point.

Here is the problem, the new AM bicep is contoured/shaped like your bicep. It is not round like the old FX bicet.

To get it on comfortably, i faced it in the direction my bicept muscle faces when my arms are at my sides, facing slightly front.

With the older rounded FX bicep, your arm could rotate in the armor.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My old ones for my TD are installed the correct way. I am going to rotate the new bicep and see how it feels. It will definetly look much better. I will post a pic after the fix later.

Here is the problem, the new AM bicep is contoured/shaped like your bicep. It is not round like the old FX bicet.

To get it on comfortably, i faced it in the direction my bicept muscle faces when my arms are at my sides, facing slightly front.

yes in fact it is strange.

why do you don't trim more one part of the two to fit well, and have the good form for the biceps?

just a proposition ;)