Hovi help

kf990

Yeah... if they're like mine they have a screw already in the back part. But it sounds like that's not what they're like...

We can help though I'm sure!

(I'm off to bed soon for now... FYI) B)

Hmmmm. The pics are a little blurry, but looks like they are made from resin. Surprised they don't have mounting screws in them already.

Here's a few ideas for you.

1. Hot glue them directly to the helmet (not the best option as they could come off if hit hard enough).

2. If the screens come out and can be re-installed easy enough, then carefully drill a hole through the center back of the hovi just big enough for a #6 or #8 3/4" screw. You can then drill a hole in the helmet and screw them on using a nylon nut w/washer on the inside of the helmet. Re-install the screens when done.

3. If the screens don't come out, carefully drill a small hole in the center back of the hovi. Take the same size screw as above, cut the head off of it and then epoxy it into the hole on the hovi. Install in helmet as described in option #2.

Hope that helps! Keep us posted.

You can also simply drill a small pilot hole in the back of the flat portion of the mic tip, then drill a corresponding hole in your helmet where the mic tip goes. Then screw in a screw or bolt from inside the helmet. If you drill the correct sized hole in the mic tip (slightly smaller than the threads on the screw or bolt) the screw will cut its own threads into the resin.

I've done this on several sets and it works fine. Plus it will be a flush look inside with no bolts sticking through.

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered a set from someone and trying to find a picture to see if they are white on the inside or all black?

Hey Thats me thats me! LOL! They will go out this weekend bud! B) Nol knows his stuff! Hey while im here...Do you want the screen black also like the "move along" ones or black tips silver screen?

• 3 months later...

Hi

i have been working on my second TD the last weeks and i also thought, the Hovies were all black. But they are NOT!!

The mesh is black and when you take a close look to them, you can see the white colour shining through!

Here the picture.. I did not believe it too, till i got that pic and zoomed 500% in!

It´s the original Helmet!

Posted Image

Hope, i could help (the move-alongs) :td:;)

Cheers, Mike