Weathering Style Among Sandies In Your Garrison/Outpost/Squad

Gordonator

I have been thinking about this. We know Sandies works in a team in the movie and at trooping events, Sandies usually hangs out together. (Maybe it's just me, Sandies standing beside Vader and TKs looks slightly out of place.) ;)

So anyway do you think Sandies in a Garrison/Outpost/Squad should have the same weathering style/colours so they look consistent and give the impression they are deployed as a team, like a military unit?

In my garrison, most of the Sandies including myself goes for the black dusty look compared to the sandy/yellowish look. The dusty Sandies looks good in picture, like we been through a mission together. When a yellow Sandie joins in, it started to looks weird. And vice versa. ;)

I know weathering is personal and one would want to do it the way he likes it so will like to hear your point of view on this. :)

Good question man... and I have noticed that about your TDs over there in their coloring.

I don't think having matching coloring is that important, but if you and the guys you troop with a lot can and do coordinate it would make a big difference in the over all 'effect.'

I did my weathering to look a lot like the film's coloring, and also a lot like our natural desert in which I live. So, to people who are ANH fans I look like I'm from the movie, but to people who are just from here I look like I've been out in the actual desert.

I don't look 'out of place' in other words.

Something I think to consider if you can do it... but the diversity in TD weathering between trooper and trooper is just part of the fun too.

Though I can't personally attest to having done it either way (still planning a TD...), I definitely agree with both sides of this story. Personally, I feel there should be no mandate to do it any particular way, but I'll be taking garrison mates' styles into consideration when I get to mine. I do think it'd be that much more effective if sandies within a garrison or squad at least seem like they fit together.

There's my uneducated opinion. :P

Hey Boss, it's so cool you live near a real dessert. You fit right in. It's highly urbanized over here so most of us Sandies go for the black look. I think it looks good in an urban setting.

Whenever someone asks me why I look different from the other Sandie, I just say oh that yellowish one been deployed to the desert, I've been cleaning the basement. ;)

Hey Headcount, thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to seeing your TD. :)

I just did a quick glance at the Deployed page and except for BATTLE damage, everyones

weathering looks pretty consistent with what one would expect with a force platooning a desert planet.

If you take into account that each trooper would have different degrees of dirt/sand caked onto their armor based on how long they have been out in the desert.

As for battle damage, clearly everyones should be different.

I hope to have my deployment pics posted this weekend so you'll be able to see mine first hand. I have not actually trooped with any other TD's in my Garrison yet. There are only about 4 or 5 of us and only Lou (Darth Voorhees) and Dave (TD3022) are deployed. Lou's armor is so new, I haven't seen it yet, except in pictures. I will be trooping with Dave this weekend so I will finally see his. We used to have Skutch here at the ECG, but he moved to Arizona and now hangs out with our Boss...Noel.

My weathering is pretty "harsh" if I had to describe it. It is a little bit of everything from tans to browns with a mix of dark grayish muddy color in the seams and gaps. Also have a lot of blast marks and battle damage. My armor is no longer "shiny" under all that weathering. Some of the paints that were used actually have a rough gritty feel like actual sand stuck to my armor. It really looks like I've been through H@%L! LOL