Sandtrooper Bucket. Is It Acceptable?

seanmoriarty

Hi All,

I'm planning on getting a set of Sandtrooper Armour, but as i don't quite have the cash quite yet, i painted one of the lids i had lieing around. I'd like to use it with the Armour and push for "deployed" but i wanted to ask if it would be acceptable?

Detail wise i used elements from both the "Stop that Ship" and the "Move Along" buckets, so it has details copied from both. Specifically the high brow trim and little "smile" visible on the left side of the Stop that ship helmet's mouth.

So - The details:

Fibreglass construction

Sprayed white with Automotive Paint

Brow trim fitted sitting high as per original "Move Along" helmet

Teeth painted in the correct shade along with upturned "frown" on the furthest left tooth as per the original "Stop that Ship" helmet.

All other details painted in correct shades and outlined where necessary.

Blue tube stripe decals applied.

First stage of weathering applied.

My question is, i know to be accepted when you do the teeth on the bucket it is stated that "Frown must be painted gray and must not leave the teeth area." So would my having painted the upturned "smile" on the left side mean that this would not be an acceptable bucket?

Photos attached below

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You've got no worries here man... this bucket would be good to go for deployment.

The issue with painting "not leaving the teeth area" is talking about the difference between ANH vs. ESB & ROTJ (especially ROTJ.) Not only are the frowns black, but they are painted "larger" than the actual mouth area; coming out over the "lips" of the mouth... past the teeth. The upturned thing you did is totally fine. I have the "bits" off my frown from the "move along" helmet.

Great to hear!

I've also fitted some fine black voile - a super thin fabric to the inside. Although the green acetate was dark enough that my eyes couldn't be seen, camera flashes made them visable.

I obviously still have a couple more things to do with this - i'm planning on using watered down PVA to attach real sand around the details, and add the black rubber trim on the underside - but i'm ordering that tomorrow.

So, overall a happier person.. Glad my work ended in good results (i'm still finding overspray in my room :D )

Sean

Whilst i'm on the issue of Acceptability, i've read about the forum a bit, especially with reguards to the "Buying armour off eBay" bit.

Does anyone know if this would be acceptable armour for the UK Garrison's standards?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-ABS-Stormtrooper-Gloss-White-Armour-Kit-/200497541253?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Film_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item2eae95b085

I eyeballed this seller a while ago as his armour appears fairly well put together, and by his feedback score. It appears fairly reasonably priced, especially when you consider it is just the armour parts, no velcro or strapping etc.

When i last emailed him, he said he would also do me a kit for the same price as his TK, but with all the Stormtrooper bits removed and the Sandtrooper ab section, knee plate etc added in its place - it will also fit someone with my build, and he can manufacture spare parts. Anyone dealt with this guy? any idea how well his kit is done?

Sean

Whilst i'm on the issue of Acceptability, i've read about the forum a bit, especially with reguards to the "Buying armour off eBay" bit.

Does anyone know if this would be acceptable armour for the UK Garrison's standards?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-ABS-Stormtrooper-Gloss-White-Armour-Kit-/200497541253?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Film_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item2eae95b085

I eyeballed this seller a while ago as his armour appears fairly well put together, and by his feedback score. It appears fairly reasonably priced, especially when you consider it is just the armour parts, no velcro or strapping etc.

When i last emailed him, he said he would also do me a kit for the same price as his TK, but with all the Stormtrooper bits removed and the Sandtrooper ab section, knee plate etc added in its place - it will also fit someone with my build, and he can manufacture spare parts. Anyone dealt with this guy? any idea how well his kit is done?

Sean

Kit looks pretty good to me....is it a recast??? i like ebay....if you can weed out the crap :)

Haha... I say, "No eBay" and then my XO says, "I love it!"... so there ya go. :P

TrooperMaster is in the UK and sells his kits in both TK and TD configuration!

This might sound like a daft question, but does anyone in the UK do TD armour?

I'm not a fan of being screwed out an extra £120 by Customs.....

Sean

As Nol said, Troopermaster operates from the UK. Beautiful armor (if I may say so :P) and a really nice chap :D

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've been in contact with troopermaster to discuss getting a set of armour with a helmet. However with the impending holiday next month, christmas and birthdays by my calculations (and my spreadsheet) it will be beginning of march before i'm placing an order.

Cheers,

Sean