Removing paint

kf990

What is the best way to remove paint off armor when you mess up or don't like it I tryed to do that with water it still left a stain of color on the armor how do you get that off without having to repaint white my armor is made of stiren

It depends on the paint... you may end up needing to sand it off, then buff the armor back to a smooth finish and repaint it white (unless it's ABS then you'll probably be able to simply polish it white again).

I'd try a couple of other things first.

A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is truly magic at taking off layers of paint and leaving what's beneath it.

Also trying some other abrasive like Novus polish or even Soft Scrub might work.

What part of the armor is it you're trying to clean paint off of?

Have you got pictures?

Hope that helps some...

OVEN CLEANER-HONEST

I am a modeller and we use it all the time as it does not scratch or affect the plastic.

The secret is to use the fumes-BE CAREFULL AND WEAR A MASK

Wear a mask and place the pieces in a plastic bag(garbage bag)

Spray the cleaner on and seal the bag in a knot and leave for an hour or so.

When you go back all you need to do is rinse in clean water.(WITH A MASK)

This stuff cleans car primer, water based and oil based paints with no damage, you may have to rub a little.

Use the best cleaner, in UK Mr Muscle is great as cheaper ones do not seem to have the same qualities.

Please do not scotchbrite, it will scratch big time

gra

Yes....scotchbrite will absolutely scratch the material....when weathering a TD you want to minimize the glossyness of the armor. It will take on the sandblasted look that would be accurate to living in a desert climate.

Yes, it will matt the armour down but will also scratch it, the finest wet and dry paper will also matt the armour, with no damage, after the paint has been removed.

Weathering is about how it is applied and illusion, not just battering the thing IMOA

There is also always a way back with my suggestions, but only suggestions and we all have our preferences

:-) thats why I love this forum, we are all after the same afterall

Best wishes Rick and hope you didn't mind my input.

Regards from the UK

:-)

Not at all Graham....theres no right or wrong here....just different techniques :)