This is a stupid question

kf990

Yep. We do. ;)

But, moving is always hard.

With time and after several test fits and even trooping, you will find where to cut, where to add and were to glue to get a better fit.

My guess is that you couldn't bent down, raise arms, and raise legs. And even if you could, you had pinching on the inner side of the elbow, and on the back of the knees. Probably also on the crotch, ankles and with bad luck even the throat.

And seeing is an issue too. Specially seeing small kids. What can I say, you will get used to it.

The good news is hat moving around is more a practice thing than a trimming thing.

Just get your armor to fit well and not hurt you. Some pinching is expected but not to the degree of hurting or making it impossible for you to move. Then, just practice moving. Get to know your armor and don't force it too much.

Just try it and try to make it fit better and better... Just don't trim too much. Once you cut, it doesn`t come back.

Saludos.

ya, when you first start to armor up do you feel like a robot? thats normal, lol....trim a little and sand a little bit at a time. make sure all of your sharp edges are sanded down. add a little foam here and there. you should be good

the key is to have the thigh basically sit flat against the front of the leg (no padding) and the shin to padded enough on the front to clear the thigh. i had this problem when i first started out but padding in the right places resolved it

I posted some pics under topic of my td build progress tell me what you think knee stil gets alittle stuck sometimes and I still move like the tinman so all comments welcome

I can see the armor fits a bit larger for your hight. But nothing to worry at all.

For he sniper plate, you could remove it and add some plastic under it but just at the top of the shin. That so when you fix it again, it will be angles away from your thigh. That should help a lot.

Another thing you could do, if you are up to it, is cut the lower part of your ab plate just under the belt area, and remove a stripe of plastic before joining it again. That way, the ab plate will be "shorter" and will allow more movement to your thighs, if you had a problem there.

Check out pandatrooper's build... it will be a lot of help Im sure.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6775&st=0

Same thing could be done to the butt. Cut off a stripe of plastic on the top of the butt piece, that way it will sit higher and allow you more

movement.

The shoulders, upper arms and arms are commonly clumsy and most of the times there is pinching in several places.

An again, the tin man effect will wear off as you practice more your armor wearing abilities.

Hope it helps. Saludos.

the sniper knee plate keeps getting stuck under it

I had the same problem, until I stuck a couple of pieces of spare ABS under the knee plate, between the back of the plate and the top of the leg piece, tilting the knee plate slightly forwards. Haven´t had any problems with it getting stuck under the thigh armor after that.

Definately man. Ive seen troopers that i have no idea how they got cleared! Your suit looks great. You will learn as you wear the suit that it will need tweaking with the fit. nothing that will affect 501st approval, the tweaks will be all for comfort. Greatjob so far bro....and this is coming from a GML ;)

Another question I am useing under armour for my under suit and the logos show anyone know how to take them off or ideas on how to cover

The logo shows at the back right? At the neck? I can suggest sewing a piece of black cloth over it or colouring it with black permanent marker.