Miksi TD introducing....

TD7930

Hi at all of the MEPD!

My Name is Mike, i am from Munich/Germany-

i just got signed here and yesterday i finished the working on my TD-Armour. Of course many, many times i visited this site to get the answer i was looking for.

The next days i should be an official member of the 501st.

And i want to know from YOU guys, what you think about my armour, weathering and Backpack.

I was working on the projekt since January and took my time, to do it right.

Now it´s your turn:

Sandtrooper´s front

Posted Image

Sandtrooper´s front nr.2

Posted Image

Sandtrooper´s right side

Posted Image

Sandtrooper´s ***

Posted Image

Sandtrooper´s left side

Posted Image

Sandtrooper getting upset

Posted Image

Sandtrooper´s home

Posted Image

Please give me feedback. I think, i´ll have to modify some things to get recruited at the MEPD.

Thanks, Mike B)

Wow Mike.

First off, welcome!

Secondly, that's a great set of armor!

I say, "wow" because rarely do we get someone who's first post shows such great armor!

Good looking pack, good looking weathering... yeah... dude, you look really set!

I know this isn't a "deployment request", but what flaws can everyone else find?

Oh... and welcome to the sand pit! :D

Thanks!

It is a good feeling to know, that it looks the way it should! I spent very much time in building the backpack for example...

Backpack Close-Up

Backpack Close-Up 2

MP-40 Stolla Wien Pouches

(these original MP-40 can´t be seen on my actual pictures, cause i need to fix them)

and i forgot to introduce myself without helmet..so here we go:

Don´t be scared...;-)

WOW!! Thats an awesome TD Mike!

Congrats!!

It looks great!

Good job there!!

I know you are not applying for deployment, but... a couple of questions, a 2 suggestion:

Questions:

-Are the backpart blue parts actually blue, or are they gray? Picts look something in between blue and gray.

-Are your lenses mirror like material, or is that an effect from flash and camera?

Suggestions:

-You could ad a small knob over the big knob of your radio to make it more similar to the real one.

-You can wear your pouches one on the shoulder, and the other on the opposite site of your belt. This to have "visual balance". Thats all.

Well... hope you get 501st clearance soon, and deployed right away.

Welcome and...

Saludos

I was going to suggest the "pouch balance" thing too Juan.

And I think the lenses are just like that in the pics. They're very cool looking. My helmet does it now-and-then if the lighting is just right. I have the double layered thin green lenses in mine, and it picks up light and makes them look mirrored in pictures.

I'm guessing the blue on the pack is more blue than it looks here as well. It is certainly BLUE... just looks more grayish blue here.

Is that right Mike?

This is really a great set of armor man!

I'm still looking, but I don't see anything that would keep you from being deployed almost instantly.*

*with the nominal 400 credit bribe into our Imperial accounts of course.

Hi Guys!

Thanks for all your comments! I´m glad you like, what i did there!

To answer your questions:

THE LENSES:

I don´t have mirrored lenses. Just normal but double-layerd. On some pictures with flashlight you could see my eyes through and i wanted to avoid that. Maybe it looks like mirrored on some pictures, but is is not.

helmet closeup without flash

green double layered lenses

THE POUCHES:

You are absolutely right.. The balance will be kept better, putting it on the other side. I got one wonderful MP-40 Stolla Wien Pouch:

Stolla Wien MP40 Leather-Pouch

I just need to get it fixed. It´s not that simple than the one used on my pictures, ´cause the strapping-holes on the back are not straight:

If anybody has a good Idea how to get it on the belt without destroying it by putting a hole oder a knob in it, please let me know! ;)

MP40 Back-Side

THE BACKPACK-BLUE:

It took a very long time for me, to get the right colour on the Backpack. I tried a few times, but I never was satisfied. Too blue, too grey.... For me it looks more blue, but i weathered it all (like my armour) with a very thin layer of heavy-thinned dusty black-brown. That is the result now:

blue reference-picture

That was the picture, i tried to be as near as possible..

I will also add the 2 small knobs on the Backpack B)

I think next week i´ll do another photo-shooting. With good light-conditions, more time an no mistakes hiding in the pictures...

Thanks for all your comments! :td::salute:

Mike

Awesome stuff man... welcome (again) to the pit! You've really done your research!

My question is how you could keep quiet until you finished it all?!?!

There's no way I could've done that! I would've been posting from day one! (oh... I did that...) B)

Anyway, on your pouch, couldn't you tie a cord (like twine or something really strong but thin) from the loop to the furthest strap — red — then wrap another cord — blue — around your belt — green — to secure it?

post-2020-037437700 1278989236_thumb.jpg

Does that make sense?

Awesome stuff man... welcome (again) to the pit! You've really done your research!

My question is how you could keep quiet until you finished it all?!?!

There's no way I could've done that! I would've been posting from day one! (oh... I did that...) B)

Anyway, on your pouch, couldn't you tie a cord (like twine or something really strong but thin) from the loop to the furthest strap — red — then wrap another cord — blue — around your belt — green — to secure it?

post-2020-037437700 1278989236_thumb.jpg

Does that make sense?

Yes, i did my research. Here of course and i had 1, 2 guys from the German Garrison-Team to ask. I am not the one who´s posting every step he did or everything he got. Of course I am proud of my armour . But i wanted to get the right time to present it you guys from the MEPD. And that time is right now ;)

I think, i´ll build something with forex (thin plastic) for the MP-40. Cause in this Material I can add 2 knobs, which are fixed at my canvas-belt. I tried a lot with canvas etc, but it always got crooked and didn´t look good. But first, i will try your idea! I´ll let you know, if it worked!

Thanks again! B)

Hello Mike and welcome on the MEPD!!!

what a great first armor, you done a really wonderfull work, congratulations!!!!!

i think it not be a real problem for the deployment with an armor of these quality and beauty.

but if you want to be "all ok" i suggest you shorten the plastic strip in the left leg, because it does not go through, just before it stops and reveals the two parts of the leggings is not easy to explain so here is a pic for example.

this is a detail and in no way compromises the quality of your work and the beauty of your armor.

Posted Image

Hey!

I am glad to get constructive critics! So thats really ok. Unfortunately i did not everything right at the beginning of my armour and so i have to fix the problems now. Things just like you said. I´ll try to get it a li´l shorter..and hope that it still looks good. It could happen, that i get trouble with the glue and the part of the weathering.. I´ll let you know, when it is done! :headphone:

P.S. new Photoshooting comming soon!!

Cheers, Mike

the only thing i would comment on,is the belt doesnt sit flush to the bottom of the main box on the ab plate,but an easy remedy!!!!,others may pick up thigh shim width,but you build armour to fit YOU! ( my shims are wider as im a big guy!)

LOVE IT MATE!!!! :)B)

the only thing i would comment on,is the belt doesnt sit flush to the bottom of the main box on the ab plate,but an easy remedy!!!!,others may pick up thigh shim width,but you build armour to fit YOU! ( my shims are wider as im a big guy!)

LOVE IT MATE!!!! :)B)

Hi!

in fact, I am not very tall. I think, i got the minimal-boarder for building a TK oder TD with 170cm. It´s not impressive, when I am standing next to anyone else, but for that reason i got the armour ;-) I had to trim a lot...especially the chest plate, to see the 3 TD-knobs. Some parts (legs/arms) can not be trimmed much. Or the whole apperance of the parts gets lost. I will go on to get my problems fixed to be a proud member of the MEPD!

:td:

Mike

@ Kenthork: here we go:

cut the strip on the left side

Just a little more weathering and then it should be ok.

I am still waiting for my 501st-clearance...c´mon, guys......... :rolleyes:

thanks for watching....

good work bro !!!. it's cool to see you try to increase the quality of your armor, knowing it is already a success for sure!

looking back I saw your pictures that you made the same mistake on the back of the 2 legs ... sorry didn't have seen it before.

it is this :

Posted Image

allright... that one is done too:

cut the strips on the back side

at the moment i am working on my doopydoos-finishing, but i just started. Want so have the original brown/black metal coated-style..Not the black as it came.. and of course a lot of silver scratches..etc...

my dlt 19 still looking new

It looks like no rebels or jawas have been busted ever.... ;)

And today i got my 501st-Clearance!

My Official Name is now: TD 7930 :td:

Thanks for your compliments and critics! Anyone else found something "not right" ? I want to eleminate the mistakes hiding on my armour step by step. Cause I want to support the dirty ones on Tatooine! And that includes a big Poster showing my armour and the word "deployed" ;)

Mike

Hey...

today i started with the weathering of my DLT-19.. I am working with airbrush and in layers to let it look "realistic" (so i think) It´s still a long way till it is finished, but i think, i am on the right way:

My weathered DLT-19 Nr.1

My weathered DLT-19 Nr.2

My weathered DLT-19 Nr.3

Honestly, i was a little sad when i realized, that the "doopydoos-DLT-19" is not complete. It is very high quality, but i still have to build that cover where the ammo goes in... Right now it looks a lil´ naked...

But now i have 3 weeks time to do that ;-)

Mike