What I did today...

FIVE

So I went out to my shed this morning around 9:30 a.m. to replace the side tube on my pack. I had dropped my pack yesterday at Chick-fil-A and everything — including Mike Harrison's radio — was fine, except the side tube split in half! So I took the one from my original pack — that TD-4401, Rick "Dirty Boy" Bates had made me — and put it on my pack... and there is NO WAY that bad boy is breaking. B)

That was ALL I intended to do... but... now it's 3:10 p.m. and I also...

Cut the cod piece (finally... been dreaming of doing this for months... I'm going to love the extra mobility)...

Repaired a few other things on my armor...

And, the biggest thing, was that I moved my speaker and receiver from inside my armor to the radio on my pack! Now I am completely wireless! I open the radio, switch it all on, close it, and I'm good to go!

I had the "push to talk" feature, but there was a short in the system yesterday while I was trooping at Chick-fil-A. I found the short today, but opted to simply put the whole thing in my pack and be free from the wires running down my arm and everything. Sure the "click" isn't there now, but with the MP3 loop playing no one notices. And now I'm free from having to "hook up" every time I suit up like I was having to do.

So... that's it.

Big stuff for my armor today and so I just thought I'd share. :D

So is that PTT cable looking for a new home? ;)

I've got a 90% complete kit that would love to adopt it. Lol

Not QUIET yet, but yes, probably. It'd be easy enough to fix the short in it too. I'll let you know if I decide... cool?

(and I'll try and hurry and decide)

Not QUIET yet, but yes, probably. It'd be easy enough to fix the short in it too. I'll let you know if I decide... cool?

(and I'll try and hurry and decide)

More than cool, that's pretty awesome. :D

Thanks!

I've got my speaker/MP3 combo rigged up the same way, blasting the TD loop out of the backpack radio. I also have a second wireless system for my voice mounted in my backplate or side pouch, depending on the day.

I've got my speaker/MP3 combo rigged up the same way, blasting the TD loop out of the backpack radio. I also have a second wireless system for my voice mounted in my backplate or side pouch, depending on the day.

Since I use the "Small Super Powerful Voice Amplifier/Speaker" my voice and MP3 (iPhone with loop) come out of the one speaker... and I don't even have it turned up half way it's so loud! :D

So is cutting the cod as easy as it seems? Just cut and add some snaps?

Yup!

Just cut, and add straps (in my case) or whatever. Make sure to cut plenty up under the belt. If your belt is positioned right it should be directly along the "line" / "edge".

that cut cod/ab and kidney/ab gives you so much more moement mate!!! most of the ukg guys do it to both tk and td,plus with that shoulder bell strapping mod, youll be less confined bro!!! :)B) B) B) B)

Since I use the "Small Super Powerful Voice Amplifier/Speaker" my voice and MP3 (iPhone with loop) come out of the one speaker... and I don't even have it turned up half way it's so loud! :D

I have the same one for my voice, but found that people at large events and cons can't hear me if I'm talking out of the pack, so I keep trying to find a better spot to mount it pointing forward. If I had enough room under my chest plate, I would mount it that way.

Sounds like you had a a busy day Boss...

Just one question here: where are the picts???? ;)

I had my code piece cut, well, not mine but my armor's, in my FX kit. I was way more comfortable that way. But now Im stuck in the accuracy thing, so no cutting armor for me anymore.

On my side, yesterday I started weathering a mates bucket, and painting another one. Some of my garrison bros are really excited about being TDs so I am working hard with them to finish their armors.

It was a good weekend.

Saludos.

Is that all you did yesterday Boss? How about spending time with the Missy? Getting the little one to eat her veggie and watching A New Hope for the 758736th time? :D

I have a great weekend myself. Trooping, getting to know new people, lots of droids. ^^;

I plan on doing some upgrades to my armour as well. Weathering my brand new TK boots (they are awesome! bye bye CA boots), trimming my arms armour pieces and more. ^^;

Is that all you did yesterday Boss? How about spending time with the Missy? Getting the little one to eat her veggie and watching A New Hope for the 758736th time? :D

I did all that too of course. B)

I plan on doing some upgrades to my armour as well. Weathering my brand new TK boots (they are awesome! bye bye CA boots), trimming my arms armour pieces and more. ^^;

Yes... TK Boots are AWESOME for sure!! CA boot = no longer for me either!