Shoulder Bell Mods

FIVE

I redid the way my shoulder straps are on my TD. They are now separate from my chest and back plate and have a strap that my pouch clips on to so it is no longer attached to my pack.

Contrary to what I say in the video, I also attached the biceps to the shoulder bells as well. It made it all much easier to put on and take off... saves a step basically.

You can watch the video here...

I've been trying new ways to hold the shoulders and biceps up. That was one of the ideas I tried out but the shoulders kept creeping back on me. How do you keep the shoulder bells from pulling backward?

I've been trying new ways to hold the shoulders and biceps up. That was one of the ideas I tried out but the shoulders kept creeping back on me. How do you keep the shoulder bells from pulling backward?

Admittedly I've not trooped like this yet... but it seems having the biceps connected to the shoulder bells helps a lot.

I bet it also helps put the pack on as well in terms of sequence, no more unsnapping and snapping the bells to the shoulder straps. Just put your armor on like:

1) Should bells/biceps

2) Pack

3) Slide on Chest/back

The quick release for the pouch is a fantastic idea. Can't tell you how many times rivets and snaps (poppers) have come undone, or slid down.

Great job!!

• 3 weeks later...

Nol,

Just wondering how this has worked out for you. I will be working on my shoulders this weekend.

I only did one short outing with them so far, but they worked great so far!!!

And yes, Gordon, it's an awesome way to do the pouch!

I know not everyone is a fan of velcro but that's what connects my bells to my shoulder straps going on 5 years without a hitch. Basically all I did was cut to shape some fuzzy-sided to fit under my shoulder straps. I then cut some of the hook-sided and attached it to the nylon strap running from each bell. Each strap simply just attaches under the shoulder strap with the fuzzy with enough room for adjustments. To attach my shoulder pouch, I fashioned a loop out of some leather scrap I had lying around and attached it the back of the pouch with snaps. The loop goes around my left shoulder bell strap to which I E6000'd a 2" black hips shim to keep the weight of the pouch from kinking it.

I know not everyone is a fan of velcro but that's what connects my bells to my shoulder straps going on 5 years without a hitch. Basically all I did was cut to shape some fuzzy-sided to fit under my shoulder straps. I then cut some of the hook-sided and attached it to the nylon strap running from each bell. Each strap simply just attaches under the shoulder strap with the fuzzy with enough room for adjustments. To attach my shoulder pouch, I fashioned a loop out of some leather scrap I had lying around and attached it the back of the pouch with snaps. The loop goes around my left shoulder bell strap to which I E6000'd a 2" black hips shim to keep the weight of the pouch from kinking it.

my Gree is actually set up that way. my Grunt Clone might use that method as well....fast and easy :)

I can vouch for Brian's set-up. I have to say while it's not fancy, it has as he indicates been working flawlessly for 5 years now, and Brian has been regularly trooping that whole time.