connecting thighs to cod!how do you?

Robster

hey guys how do you connect your thighs to the cod?snaps?velcro? my idea is that i am going to use snaps using ca glue and use black elastic?what do you think?pics if you have them please!

Rob-TD-8821

I actually use a 1" nylon webbed belt around my waist with 2 straps connecting to the thighs....this runs down the outside and clips into place..... They are completely seperate from the cod piece. I found that this disperses the weight evenly throughout my body....no one area carries the weight of the full armor.

Yep, Rick is right.

The ANH way to do it, and it actually works great, is to wear a belt around your waist, and then loop some elastic (I use 2" black elastic) and down to the thighs.

My straps are glued with E6000 to the thighs... running up and ending in a loop. Then I run the belt through the loops and thats it.

Hope it helps.

Saludos

Yep, Rick is right.

The ANH way to do it, and it actually works great, is to wear a belt around your waist, and then loop some elastic (I use 2" black elastic) and down to the thighs.

My straps are glued with E6000 to the thighs... running up and ending in a loop. Then I run the belt through the loops and thats it.

Hope it helps.

Saludos

Exactly....the only thing i did differently is made it so the straps had adjustable clips on the inside of the thighs...i'll try and get a pic :)

I have the same nylon straps Rick mentioned but they're attached inside the cod piece and they "clip" into fasteners inside the tops of my thighs with quick-release clips from the hobby store. B)

I use the belt method also. I have a web belt that I wear under my ab armor, with elastic straps that connect to the front and the back of my thighs. Works super well. Made it through two Mardi Gras parades this year with no complaints.

I prefer to use a belt / garters. The problem with attaching the thighs to your ab / cod section is that the thighs tend to "bind" when you walk. Also, it puts additional weight on your shoulders (thighs connect to ab, ab connects to / transfers weight to the shoulder straps)

I was making runs of garters for a while on FISD. I've been too busy lately to do another run, but here's a thread if you want more info on how they work. You can probably make something similar at home. I was just saving troopers the trouble.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=9665&st=0&p=122392&hl=garter&fromsearch=1entry122392

This is what they look like

Posted Image

I prefer to use a belt / garters. The problem with attaching the thighs to your ab / cod section is that the thighs tend to "bind" when you walk. Also, it puts additional weight on your shoulders (thighs connect to ab, ab connects to / transfers weight to the shoulder straps)

I love those belts you did man! I never, however, have the problem with the thighs binding when I walk. And don't notice the weight... I'm sure it's there — obviously — I just don't notice it. B)

Thanks Noel. It's a minor thing. I've found that with some thigh armors, the tops flare away from your thigh slightly (ANH style) and with others, the tops are right up against the top of your thighs.

I’m 5 foot 8” in height, and I find that if I leave the screen accurate thighs untrimmed, they “bind” and can get caught on the inner thigh part of the cod when they are attached to it. For whatever reason (extra slack / flexibility in the elastic?) with the garters, I don’t have that problem.

You can hang the thighs a few different ways, just choose the method that works best for you and is accessible in terms of materials.

I favour costumebot's solution of using a neoprene backbrace/corset to attach the legs to as it has the added benefits of both giving you a little support as well as holding in the excess tummy ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Heres what I decided to change my set up to....the great thing is no more plastic additions to the inner thighs or d rings....just add velcro. use same belt system with all other armor...just add velcro strip to each thigh. WORKS PERFECT!!!!

ALL PIECES FULLY ADJUSTABLE AND THIGHS HAVE QUICK RELEASE!

Posted Image

hmmmmm mines abit er simplish to all the above,,,not saying theyre not good, but i did mine on the quick and cheap and theyve worked well for 3 yrs.

a normal black belt around the waist,,,one peice each thigh of seat belt material, one end looped to go on belt the other hot glued inside of front seam at top of thigh.

keeps em flush against my leg with little gap