Pack Observations

FIVE

Looking through the screen grabs on looksirdroids.com and noticed a couple of things I personally hadn't seen before. Last time I posted something like this it was pretty much met with a "yeah, we know that..." response. So don't worry if that's the case again. :lol:

The first thing I noticed is the "tape" on the pack behind the captain.

Posted Image

Does this mean there are two packs with electrical tape on them? Or am I seeing something different here?

Next, in the scene where the Falcon escapes Mos Eisley a TD who appears to be the "captain" from the road block is on the left of the screen. He has the orange pauldron, the correct helmet, the "black" splotches on the thermal detonator casing on his side tube... but... he doesn't have a blue bottom tray on the pack.

Posted Image

Was this the same pack they had used electrical tape on but they painted the try black to either hide the tape or after they had "fixed" the pack?

Thoughts?

(all images originally from looksirdroids.com)

Looking through the screen grabs on looksirdroids.com and noticed a couple of things I personally hadn't seen before. Last time I posted something like this it was pretty much met with a "yeah, we know that..." response. So don't worry if that's the case again. :lol:

The first thing I noticed is the "tape" on the pack behind the captain.

Posted Image

Does this mean there are two packs with electrical tape on them? Or am I seeing something different here?

Next, in the scene where the Falcon escapes Mos Eisley a TD who appears to be the "captain" from the road block is on the left of the screen. He has the orange pauldron, the correct helmet, the "black" splotches on the thermal detonator casing on his side tube... but... he doesn't have a blue bottom tray on the pack.

Posted Image

Was this the same pack they had used electrical tape on but they painted the try black to either hide the tape or after they had "fixed" the pack?

Thoughts?

(all images originally from looksirdroids.com)

I would say it looks like the same pack....The shotgun shells are the layed out the same plus the tape on the tool box is identicle. it looks like initially they were using a single wrapped piece of electrical tape to start based on the other pack....then they put on what appears to be black "duct" tape....maybe since the single piece wasnt holding (based on the duct tape slipping look....then probably tried to fix it again...and painted it black.

Posted Image

or could just be lighting ;)

yeah, we know that...

sorry, i just couldn´t resist! :lol:

maybe the tray isn´t even black on the last pictures, it might be just the bad light exposure.

mverta did a amazing light restoration for a Vader helmet in the Death Star scenes over at the rpf-board years ago and it showed how the lightning changed so many details and colors.

same with the AT-AT helmets we always believed to be white instead of dark grey.

i would have never imagined them to be THAT dark grey and still wouldn´t believe it without the evidencing pictures Jez showed of a original helmet.

but judging by the pictures we have at hand you´re completly right, it definatly looks black on them.