Star Wars Now Playing At A Theater Near You!

DirtyBoy

I WISH!!!

Wouldn't it be really great if we could (across the globe) put together a showing of ANH? Basically have the theaters play the original on one day only for a $3.00 admission/donation ($3 for trilogy...lol) and all the proceeds would be donated to charity....maybe make a wish :) ...they could keep whatever revenue was generated from the concession stands. We could dress in armor and really get those people that never got to experience it in a theater before the opportunity to. Im sure there would be tons of redtape to get through and coordinating an event on a global scale would be a challenge but def worth it....

What do you guys think?

I think this is the best idea I've heard all day!

(with the minor exception of the sharks with laser beams on their heads)

You're the MO... this seems like merchandise to me... get it started! :)

This is one comment I got on my status about it...

From what I recall, it's an individual theatre manager's decision (likely through his/her DM) to do charity showings. Sooooo...I'm sure if a 501st rep in each garrison...or sub-garrisons for further outposts, should approach the managers of local theatres then perhaps something would get moving. I think we have one rep here in the Coachella Valley. We've had special showings over the years for various charities, don't see why it couldn't happen again now.

I'm sure if enough people, each garrisons' "constituents" as it were, got organized it could happen. :)

only one problem,, is if its a simultaneous event,, you guys get to see it in the US at 3pm and the rest of us get to see it at 3am AND on different days, but the same time.

sometimes i wish the world reeeeally was FLAT!!

only one problem,, is if its a simultaneous event,, you guys get to see it in the US at 3pm and the rest of us get to see it at 3am AND on different days, but the same time.

We could see it really late here... let you guys catch a break.

sometimes i wish the world reeeeally was FLAT!!

Wait... it ISN'T?! How come I can see Rolf with my telescope?! :P

It wouldn't necessarily need to be simultaneously shown around the world. What if it was a 5:01 showtime? That would make it easier to promote.

a 5:01 showing would be awesome...it would have to be on a Sat or Sun though so we didnt have to worry about (most) people being at work or on their way home from work.

I think Saturday might not work. Sunday maybe. Theater owners probably aren't going to want to lose prime space for a new release movie to make room for an oldie for charity. The theaters in my area that do special showings usually do them on either Sunday or during the middle of the week.

Last month I tried doing the same, booking a theater, to screen ESB but the answer the cinema operators told me they don't have the reel anymore. We can't use DVD as that is home media meant for private viewing only. :(

Lets cross our fingers and hope thats not the case across the board.

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on this?

No... not yet. I'm expecting possible word by December or the first of next year. Albin is going to bring it up, but it is a SLOW process if it moves. So, we have to just sit and wait.

Picture we're deployed on Mos Eisley for all those years before the droids showed up... just waiting for something "big" to happen. B)