TD-6908's field pack

Darth Voorhees

So ive been working on this pack for the last few weeks on and off, and am getting close to finishing it. It is built on a pvc pipe frame (from Scooch's tutorial)and with the park seed trays painted with Krylon flat black, and with Rustoleum Satin Lake Blue. Its sporting Gordonator's cistern modded with added tupperware hamburger stackers. The tool box is a tupperware stow-n-go. The faucet cover, exhaust port box, and mushroom caps are from Crashmann. The top bottle is a tapered wet ones bottle and the bottom one is an untapered staples computer monitor wipes bottle, both also painted with the Rustoleum Satin Lake Blue. The radio is a box i made from sheet plastic with a resin faceplate i was working on. the small knobs are water bottle caps and the large one is a vitamin water cap with a make-up jar cap on top of it. Just needs the "shells" on the top right the electrical tape on the bottom trays, the mortar tube, and DIRT! lol What do you guys think so far?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is looking really good!

One thing intrigues me...

If you are using the tupperware stow n go, why aren't you doing the sergeant pack?

Cause if you are doing the so called captain pack, then the stow n go should be replaced by a regular box with similar dimentions.

Just a suggestion here. The pack looks really cool and using the tupperware as it is, should not affect your deployment I think.

Congrats!

Great job!

Saludos

yea..i know, i will replace that box. Money is tight and i couldn't afford to get the toolbox (and i wanted the slightly larger seed trays also) from Crashmann. I had bought the stow and go way long ago and since i still had it, i figured id use it as a "place holder" till i can get a toolbox. I may see if i can get more plastic and make one like i did for the radio though. That worked better than i thought it would lol. My whole suit is going to be heavily influenced by the classic "move along" trooper. That was the first trooper that made an impression on me when i was 6 and seeing Star Wars in the theater. Come to think of it, Star Wars may have been the first movie i saw in a theater!

I actually asked if having the stow n go would hinder deployment and the bossman said no, so im not worried too much about it at the moment! B)

yea..i know, i will replace that box. Money is tight and i couldn't afford to get the toolbox (and i wanted the slightly larger seed trays also) from Crashmann. I had bought the stow and go way long ago and since i still had it, i figured id use it as a "place holder" till i can get a toolbox. I may see if i can get more plastic and make one like i did for the radio though. That worked better than i thought it would lol. My whole suit is going to be heavily influenced by the classic "move along" trooper. That was the first trooper that made an impression on me when i was 6 and seeing Star Wars in the theater. Come to think of it, Star Wars may have been the first movie i saw in a theater!

I actually asked if having the stow n go would hinder deployment and the bossman said no, so im not worried too much about it at the moment! B)

It was def mine....and my sons first was ROTS. :)

Wow, that looks great Lou!

Nice job joining the Tupperware hamburger stackers with the cistern from Gordonator. The best of both worlds :lol:

I'd wager that if there was a 6th backpack during production, it would look just like this configuration with the Tupperware Stow-N-Go container on the top left. Remember, when the prop guys were putting together the original backpacks, they would just look around the shop and grab random parts to cover up the blank spots.

Get some 3/4" PVC for the shotgun shells, a little mud on the tires, and you'll be golden!

(I just saw Brad Paisley last weekend :D )

Charlie

thanks everyone! :)B)

Yes i do No'l ..greeting card box i think it was right? heh

Im gonna try and fabricate a box to replace it with. But right now i have to build up my Cushman T-21 and finish the armor! i want this bad boy ready soon..its gotta have a couple of test runs before CV!

Looking sweet Lou, as soon you got the box from Charlie you are there.

Maybe keep the vintage food box, and make the oil filter too.

If you could find out a way, to add them on, and then take them off again.

You could have both the so called oil filter Sergeant pack, and the captain pack... in one :)

Oil filter pack/Sergeant:

Posted Image

Move a long pack/Captain:

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...