Dripping Water

FIVE

So the inside of my syphon tube is hollow and the "attachment" on the end actually is a hole up into the tube.

Posted Image

This made me think how funny it would be to take a wash cloth, stuff it full of ice, and cram it up into the tube.

Then all day that tube would be dripping water.

People would comment on it.

And it would make the pack seem like it was actually producing moisture. (which is, I believe, one of its supposed functions)

I've also thought how it'd be fun to get one of those little piezoelectric "fog" machines they make for counter-top fountains and put it in the base of the exhaust port tube. Then you'd just fill the tube with water, turn it on, and have steam (as illustrated below) coming out of the pack.

Posted Image

Of course it wouldn't be red steam... B)

I like these ideas because they're "effects" that could still be seen as very screen accurate... but certainly make the packs / trooper wearing the pack more "real."

If I ever do either I will post here.

I love the steam idea, that would be awesome for sure. As Gordonator said though, I would be worried about the water at certain events, like indoors and slippery floors, etc.. I guess at some outdoor troops it would be fine, either way, it would be cool and go great with the newer MEPD loop with all the gadget sounds.