What type of Pack Should I build?

Quartermaster

So I have been checking out some old posts on pack builds as well as some of the newer builds (including Noels) and it seems like most of the packs are modeled after the "Move Along" pack. I am considering doing the pack with the Air Filter over the Radio just to be a little different. Is there a specific part that has to be used for that filter? If so, where do I get one?

You mean the Sergeant's pack? I'm using that myself. Not much different compare to the Move Along pack other than the air filter and toolbox moved to the right.

If I'm not wrong, no shotgun shells and black tape over the blue trays for a Sergeant's pack right?

I'm gonna have to check on the shot gun shells thing. I know about the no black tape. Have to go and watch ANH....again! :D

I guess if I'm going to go with the sergeant's pack, I'm gonna have to ditch my nice orange pauldron for a white one.

I have a reference for the filter part, but its on my offices computer so I will post it tomorrow.

Meanwhile...

Dont need to get rid of the orange pauldron... I have a Captain pack and a Move Along bucket and I use the white, orange or black in different moments. Only on canon events I go 100% Move Along. So, unless you want to only portrait the sgt TD, you could go from orange to white to black at will...

Thats me anyway.

Im thinking of building some changeable parts for my backpack to make it more versatile and go either capt or sgt with an easy part flip.

Saludos.

There's no real place to get the filter specifically. "Dirty Boy" knows where to get good ones I know... and the guys at Sci-Fire made one for their pack... but just a "filter" is fine.

That's a cool pack to do for sure.

And Juan, like the the "interchangeable parts" idea.

It'd be cool to have a pack that had things that could "slide snap" on. Like clips.

Cool thought. B)

Hi John.

Here you go:

Here you see the so called Captain pack, on the Move a long Sandtrooper:

Posted Image

But really we can´t call them, Captain, or Sergeant packs, because they both wear them in ANH:

Here you see the Sergeant aka Look sir droids whit the so called Captain pack on, before the blue tray was black gaffa taped up:

Posted Image

Again we see the Captain/right side in the pic, wear the oil filter so called Sergeant pack:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here again the DLT-19 Captain, also wears the oil filter pack/dok 94:

(check either the movie, or the www.looksirdroids.com web page ref pics, you can see it there too)

Posted Image

Here you see the oil filter pack:

Posted Image

My Captain/Sergeant pack:

Posted Image

Have fun whit your pack coming up bro :)

Art did a lot of research on the packs

http://www.looksirdroids.com/backpacks.html

I like to call them by number, as Art has done.

My pack is the #4 pack.

I carry the Lewis gun , and have the black, white and orange pauldrons that I change depending on what the other troopers are wearing that day.

My first pack was modeled after #5 and I still like that look the best. My current pack is pack #3, which while great seems to be what most people do. Perhaps that's why I like #5 - I want to be different :)

In the end it's what you like. :)

I have built two packs #3. It is my fav since my fav trooper is the Move Along. Buy I also like a lot pack #5. That would be my second choice given that I like a lot the white pauldron. One thing that keeps me from becoming a Looks Sir Droids trooper, is that I like too much the high eyebrow of the MAT, and not so much the LSD look.

But I might make a #5 sometime... Oh yes... someday.

Saludos

My pack is modeled after #3 and while it seems to be the most popular, I only have one other sandy in my area that even has a pack. If I ever do build another, I would like to try the filter pack, that one also looks neat.

Thank you to everyone for your info and opinions. I have decided to go for the Filter pack. I always like being a little different anyway. I will post some pics along the way. Just finishing up a pack build for a "Novatrooper" (got an order for one) and then I will hopefully be starting my build. :D