Stormtroopers With Pauldron

Gordonator

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to be rough on TK's who wear pauldrons, I think it's part of the fun for them. But as stated by a lot, you don't see that in the movie and regarding the BFG issue only Luke or Han carry the DLT19 as a TK and I didn't see any other TK carrying one.

I try to bring it into my garrison gently, but they already know my pov regarding this.

When you really want to wear a pauldron go TD..otherwise use it as a bib..

Another point is that a lot of TK's that wear pauldrons say that in the comics they wear them as well( not canon for me). The same goes for battle damage/ scarring..looks iffy to me as well and is definitely not canon as well.

Ah, well..if they feel happy wearing one just let them and give them a big smile :P

TKs wearing pauldron for me is wrong...its the first step to becoming TD LOL...I agree it looks allot better on TD's and TD's should only wear them.

I liked the look of a pauldron so much and that is why I went full TD and dirty

• 2 weeks later...

While I agree that I don't like seeing TK's with pauldrons, I have to ask one question...

Were the TD's clean before they stepped off the drop ship, and if so, how did they get dirty so damned quickly?! They were on the planet for all of five minutes and WHAM!...Dirty. In the acursed Special Edition of ANH we even see the drop ship taking off and those troops look like they're covered in mustard!

I'd say it's unclear how long the search was. Perhaps it was a few weeks from the time they landed. It's really not clear from the movie, but it obviously took several days, perhaps a week at the least.

IIRC waaaaaaay back when there was a treatment that said the trip from Tattoinne to Alderaan also was like a fortnight, so there was time for Luke to get some good mentorship from Obi Wan along the way.

IIRC waaaaaaay back when there was a treatment that said the trip from Tattoinne to Alderaan also was like a fortnight, so there was time for Luke to get some good mentorship from Obi Wan along the way.

And plenty of time to ripen in that one outfit. Whew! :blink:

While I agree that I don't like seeing TK's with pauldrons, I have to ask one question...

Were the TD's clean before they stepped off the drop ship, and if so, how did they get dirty so damned quickly?! They were on the planet for all of five minutes and WHAM!...Dirty. In the acursed Special Edition of ANH we even see the drop ship taking off and those troops look like they're covered in mustard!

I think there were troopers stationed there already... but also I think the armor simply collects dust and dirt easily. Whether it was because of the "alien" sand on Tatooine, or because of some "mechanism" / "design" the armor has to adapt and camouflage itself in different environments, or a combination of all of that.

But I like to think there's a detachment there all the time.

Actually that's not what seems supported by the script, especially the deleted scenes. There are several mentions that the Empire is really far away from Tatooinne.

Also, why would they send a detachment down if there were local troops?

Interesting question...

If there are no local troops in Tatooine, how (or why) would the Empire design the Backpack life support/air conditioning system? And why does the Sandtroopers look different (pauldron, sniper kneecap, no drop lines on helmet, no abs buttons, no drop boxes etc) from Stormtroopers if they just landed on the planet not too long ago? Assuming they depart from the Death Star?

And the use of Dewback is a sign that they must have been stationed there for a period of time long enough to know how to tame the creature and use it as a mean of transport? I certainly wouldn't ride an unknown creature on a planet I just touched down on?

Actually that's not what seems supported by the script, especially the deleted scenes. There are several mentions that the Empire is really far away from Tatooinne.

Yeah, yeah... I know... but I LIKE to think that. ;)

Also, why would they send a detachment down if there were local troops?

What if they didn't? B)

Vader: "Send a detachment."

Captain: "Yes sir."

Later to underling... - Captain: "Just call the detachment that's already there... they'll do fine... Vader won't know."

:P

I think there were troopers stationed there already...

This was always what I was thinking as well, remote or not, they might have had officers stationed here and there to keep the "peace", so to speak.

What if they didn't? B)

Vader: "Send a detachment."

Captain: "Yes sir."

Later to underling... - Captain: "Just call the detachment that's already there... they'll do fine... Vader won't know."

:P

This is why I love Star Wars. For every illogicality, fans can always make out a logic answer to it. ^^;

And Luke & Leia weren't really siblings when the movie was filmed. Nor was Vader Luke's father.

Yeah, I'm sure when they deployed they were clean. The differences in armor should be ignored as those were prop issues and not intentional.

I suspect finding the pod was pretty fast - they can compute trajectory. However tracking down the droids to the Owen farmstead probably took a bit of man power and lots of troopers combing the area. A planet is *huge*. I think their area of ops would depend quite a bit on how far actually Mos Eisley, Anchorhead, and the Lars Homestead were from each other.

It sounds to me like that from the dialog the Lars to Anchorhead was at least 1/2 a day travel. "You can get a transport to Mos Eisley" makes it sound like a very long trip, probably days in length.

Think about how that would work today in Tunisia.

From talking about poser TKs to search strategies on Tatooine! Man I love MEPD! :lol:

I hate pauldrons on TKs, TBs, ICs, Vaders, Tuskens, etc. I'm not crazy about clean TDs either.

I hate it with a passion...everyone here knows it, some try to batter me with excuses as to why they should,,,i say if you want to, Do So, dont mean i will like it,,,but i prefer the "stepped off the screen" look.

but once i build my Vader, ill be looking for a pink pauldron ;)

my favorite pauldron pic EVER..!!

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

The thing is, when a TK buys that pauldron, whether they know it or not, they've just started on the journey to becoming a TD. Next thing, they'll want an ammo pouch for that pauldron, then they'll NEED another pouch to go with the first one. After that, a backpack, then the lure of the big gun becomes too powerful to resist. After that, somebody's shopping for Humbrol paints, etc. ;)