sling for the lewis gun?

• 1 month later...

One thing I'm curious about, if you have a Hyperfim Lewis (T-21...sorry) and would like to have it look as screen accurate as possible, how would you attach the strap to the butt of the rifle without drilling or damaging the rifle?

I'd like to run the strap through one of those "D" shaped clips like in the movie but don't know how I should affix it to the soft rubber.

One thing I'm curious about, if you have a Hyperfim Lewis (T-21...sorry) and would like to have it look as screen accurate as possible, how would you attach the strap to the butt of the rifle without drilling or damaging the rifle?

I'd like to run the strap through one of those "D" shaped clips like in the movie but don't know how I should affix it to the soft rubber.

I don't think you can. Even if you did cut through it, it would eventually tear right off anyway. I haven't solved this problem yet.

Can anyone help me out with a butt sling hook? Come on it's Christmas...

You're asking us to put your butt in a sling? I know, I know bad joke...I just couldn't help myself. Besides, I don't even know if that joke translates well overseas.

I don't know, would a D-ring in an airmail envelope cost that much to send? I'll have to look into it after all of this holiday hoopla is over.

There's possible good news for us Hyperfirm owners: upon close examination of the screenshots from ANH, it looks as if there is a second leather loop which goes around the butt. This, if it exists, might have been done to avoid damaging the actual guns which were, I'm assuming, on loan to Lucas for the shots.

Here's some pics which show, what I believe to be, a second leather loop:

First a close up of the butt...

Posted Image

...and here's some enhanced pictures

Posted Image

Any opinions?

You may be right. It looks like something is attached to the butt or else the stock has a unique shape to it. Hard to tell.

Irregardless, I think that's the method I'm going to use for mine. I'll have a small leather loop with a D-ring attached by a swivel and then the rest will be the normal long strap with a loop.

While it may be not stand up to the utmost canonical scrutiny, it definitely beats punching holes in a fairly expensive prop.

Who knows, maybe I'll attach a small pouch to the butt as well, just to give it a little flair.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Well I found this for the Hyperfim Lewis guys. Like me

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MGR044-46241-1150.html

I think that leather on the stock comes with it, "I think". Either way if you can get something like that for the stock you can attach that to the stock nice and tight and add a sling onto that so you’re not messing up the rubber stock. It’s not movie perfect, but it would work. Dye the leather a dark color, weather it up a little. Could look cool, and still be use full.

Think ill do that.

I've seen natural leather dog leashes at the local petsmart that would work too.

If you have a farm & tractor supply you might be able to find a strip of leather at one of their stores. They sell a lot of leather products for horses...

Scary thought but has anyone ever tried using a type of plastic wall anchor to mount the hardware for the sling to attach onto their hyperfirm buttstock? Maybe that will hold without pulling out and tearing the rubber...just a thought

im still looking for the sling material, i found some nylon dog leashes but they werent wide enough....