Recruitment poster

godzilla

That's some awesome artwork! I love seeing other peoples work!

I like it! Maybe center the second and thrid lines?

I agree that something strange is going on with the text, but don't think it sould be centered, I really like the weight that the image itself has. The viewer is drawn to the left to follow the gaze of the sandtrooper, so I feel like "The Empire" and "Needs You" should be split into two lines so as to make them closer to the same length. Then I think that the text should all be pushed to the left margin to take away from the weight of the 'trooper's gaze.

ePS : Sorry for the art critique, I couldn't resist the perpetual art student in me.

That's some awesome artwork! I love seeing other peoples work!

I agree that something strange is going on with the text, but don't think it sould be centered, I really like the weight that the image itself has. The viewer is drawn to the left to follow the gaze of the sandtrooper, so I feel like "The Empire" and "Needs You" should be split into two lines so as to make them closer to the same length. Then I think that the text should all be pushed to the left margin to take away from the weight of the 'trooper's gaze.

ePS : Sorry for the art critique, I couldn't resist the perpetual art student in me.

You know, TGS has a point.... Didn't think about that way....

Okay... I had to do one of my own. :)

I like to find real WWII posters and then "alter" them or use them for inspiration. A WWII German poster is where to got the inspiration for the posters I've been making for everyone for instance. So... I looked for "recruiting" posters this time and found this one for the marines.

And then here's what I did with it...

Posted Image

Okay... I had to do one of my own. :)

I like to find real WWII posters and then "alter" them or use them for inspiration. A WWII German poster is where to got the inspiration for the posters I've been making for everyone for instance. So... I looked for "recruiting" posters this time and found this one for the marines.

And then here's what I did with it...

Posted Image

now im not suckin up to you coz your the bloke in charge :lol: but that is a fantastic looking poster mate!!

• 2 weeks later...