Putting the Seed Trays Together

Vadersblade

Hey all,

Just wondering how everyone attached their seed trays together. I was looking at the various build threads, but only saw 1 or 2 that mentioned how they did it. Just curious to see what methods everyone has used.

Thanks!

cut the outer lip of one of the trays so it fits into the lip of the other tray.....i prefer pop rivets.....mainly because you can drill them out and change out components if needed. never know when some kid is going to try and jack your radio....lol

This is how I did mine:

Posted Image

That and using plastic belts (dont know how that are called for real), could that be the "zip ties"?

Hope it helps.

OOOHHH!!! and for the blue one, I just used a lot of electricians tape all around the boxes. hehehe.

Saludos.

Thanks for the tips! I used Scootch's build thread mostly and have seen Mike's. I don't have a riveter, and would prefer something that would be A) easy to break down and reassemble for shipping and B)not really show any screws on the outside. LOL, the first awesome pack I built was all zip ties and screws. While not at all accurate, the whole thing broke down inside a 15 qt Sterilite for shipping. With the frame alone on this one I am SOL on that I think. So I guess getting the trays together as invisible as I can would be the best.

I like the hinged idea, how does the mount for that look when the pack is closed?

Well,

It do shows a bit the screw heads... but painted black I guess its not that bad.

That could be corrected if cut down... I mean, having the head on one side and the nut on the other, and then painting it black. Not very accurate but you cant really tell that much, and it is very useful for storing stuff on cons and troops.

Saludos.