Darth Voorhees' TE2 build

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news man!

Glad you're going TD with it too! B)

Yea man..i ALWAYS wanted a TD! I love my TK, TB and Fett, but this will be one of my Faves for sure when im done with it!

heres a couple of teaser pics..

Armor

Posted Image

Heres my other stuff...you can see the trooper1 pauldron, i started building the frame for the field pack, theres one of the wet ones bottles, some parts from Crashman, seed trays, hamburger stackers and under the pauldron are ammo pouches and the boots

Posted Image

I've got a trooper1 pauldron... love it!

Great build thread already.

And yes... I loved my TD so much I sold my TK! haha

(though I will probably do another one)

I've got a trooper1 pauldron... love it!

Great build thread already.

And yes... I loved my TD so much I sold my TK! haha

(though I will probably do another one)

TESB I bet... ;)

T :salute:

Got some trimming done the last couple of days. Buuuut...I wont bore you with pics of me with goggles and a dremel though lol. Once they are all trimmed, ill get some more pics up, and document my strapping system. It will be mostly the same as my AP set up, with some improvements ive learned from trooping the AP for a while. =)

• 1 month later...

hang tight troops! gonna try n get some pics up this weekend of my build so far. the calves, forearms and biceps are together. 1 thigh is together..mostly, and everything else is trimmed out. Ive attached the butt plate to the kidney plate as well. Ive also started adding my snaps for the strapping system, which is a little different, more on that once i post up the pics! So stay tuned troops!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, since ive decided to sell my bikerscout instead of my TE2 sandy...heres some pics of where im at:

here is part of my strapping system.

Posted Image

My system consists of mostly snaps and plastic clips, with very little industrial strength Velcro. Basically what ive done, is i placed the plastic side of industrial strength velcro where i wanted snaps. I then attached the snaps to a piece of nylon webbing, (basically like when you use a strip of ABS to attach the snap, to make a "snapstrip")and glued that to the previously applied plastic side of the velcro. This does 2 things. 1- It allows the snap to conform to the curve of the armor, unlike a strip of ABS would. 2- Although its difficult, the strip CAN be removed if need be. I also attached the plastic clips by looping the elstic or webbing through and adding a snap. This way the clip can be replaced if it breaks. The strips on the chest armor are nylon webbing glued directly to the industrial velcro as ive learned if i use snaps they sometimes pop off. Ive used this system on my TK for 2 years and havent had a problem with clips breaking or anything coming undone. So i stick by this method religiously

Here is how i did my "suspenders".

Posted Image

the snap attachments are done the same as before. The "Suspenders" are 1.5" wide elastic that criss cross in the front. Why the front? Well, this prevents any of the "suspenders" showing in the "neckcut" of the back armor. You tend to see this when wearing them crossed in the back. Although its hard to see,heres a shot of me from the front without the chest armor.

Posted Image

You can see the "ab-to-chest" straps hanging forward for easy attaching when the chest is on. Right now the clips are held on with safety pins. I will sew them into place, but i first need to adjust the length of them till its perfect, then i can sew them in place. You can also see the "suspenders" crossing in the front. I also have them snap together in the front to keep them lined up.

Here you can see the shoulder attachment with white elastic and snaps. My TK has the shoulder bells with a loop of webbing with snaps on them that the shoulder elastic would slip through and then snap on. I cant use this method here as the webbing wouldhave to be white, so im going to try attaching the shoulder bells vis the bottom of the elastic shoulder straps with snaps.

Posted Image

Here you can see how i extened the tops of the chest and back armor to lessen the gap between them. I have 42" chest so theres a little bit of a gap.

Posted Image

I attach the kidney to the ab plate via a side plate glued to the kidney plate, and velcro on the ab plate and front of that side plate.

Posted Image

and together..

Posted Image

I put it on a bit crooked, but you get the idea..the ab plate should be straight up and down lined up with the seam of the kidney plate/side plate. This also makes it adjustable by a few inches incase i lose or gain weight.

So i have this so far...

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

Im working non-stop on this armor today! im hoping to get most of it done today! the ab, chest, back and forearms are donr, weathered and all..im painting the rest of the parts now. the pack still needs the side tube (i added the shells a couple of days ago) and weathering. Im stayin up late tonight to try and get this done!

TESB I bet... ;)

T :salute:

Haha... yes, somehow you know this information to be true. B)

Im working non-stop on this armor today! im hoping to get most of it done today! the ab, chest, back and forearms are donr, weathered and all..im painting the rest of the parts now. the pack still needs the side tube (i added the shells a couple of days ago) and weathering. Im stayin up late tonight to try and get this done!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :duim:

Haha... yes, somehow you know this information to be true. B)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :duim:

haha! didnt happen, but im darn near close...working on it some more today!

I'll be doing the straps for the thighs and shoulders/bi-ceps...then i believe the armor is done! I trimmed the helmet last night. So as soon as im done with the strapping, ill be working on the helmet, which is the best part! Then all thats left is attaching the mortar tube to the backpack,and adding straps to it, and finishing off the T-21..and im done!

BTW, an ECG'er has transfered to your neck of the woods. You'll be trooping with Skutch! He's awesome and super fun to troop with, he's already missed here, but im sure will be a great additon to your garrison!

haha! didnt happen, but im darn near close...working on it some more today!

I'll be doing the straps for the thighs and shoulders/bi-ceps...then i believe the armor is done! I trimmed the helmet last night. So as soon as im done with the strapping, ill be working on the helmet, which is the best part! Then all thats left is attaching the mortar tube to the backpack,and adding straps to it, and finishing off the T-21..and im done!

BTW, an ECG'er has transfered to your neck of the woods. You'll be trooping with Skutch! He's awesome and super fun to troop with, he's already missed here, but im sure will be a great additon to your garrison!

Awesome news on your build man! (even though you didn't make it through the night ;) )

And yes... I've known Skutch is coming here for a while and am very excited to have him in our garrison and to troop with him / meet him!!! :duim:B)

Heh, i dunno why i didnt think that you already knew he was joing you...eh..brain fart perhaps LOL! anyways....

...Armor is just about done...just need to make a few adjustments , add the lenses to the helmet, ..waiting for the tube stripes from tk-4510....and it should be good to go. Field pack is also done, just need to add the straps.

here's a couple of teaser pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

So i just need to finish up the T-21 and i can submit my TD! woot!

ok...im just about finished with everything! ...

straps added to fieldpack, CHECK! T-21 built, CHECK! Lenses and padding added to bucket, CHECK!

...hoping to have some suited up pics up in the next few days!

Heres pics of the T-21..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

So i was reading the deployed status criteria, and noticed its not mentioned that i have to have an ammo pouch on the hip. Just making sure, as i only have one usuable ammo pouch right now which is going on my shoulder. I have one for my hip, but i need to modify it to get it to go onto my belt. If i dont need it to obtain deployed status, then ill be applying sooner rather than later...just need the sling for my T-21 and im set!