TD8645 requesting deployment

Gday

My user name is Darthfish01

I live in country Victoria, Australia, my Squad is 'The Nightfall Squad'

I am in the TAG garrison Terror Australis Garrison

my email: is dean.grenno@bigpond.com

501st id: TD8645

I have been a trooper since Nov/09 and have attended 2 official troops,

I have attached my 501st application pics and as such they are missing my BFG (oops) i have a single non flattering pic of me with it but bare in mind it is 35deg cel and my armour feels like its melting.

please i would appreciate any comments this has been a family project and so if you loook at my TAG forum Cadet pics you will see my kids painting the armour pouches and riviting the backpack..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope these are useful..if not I will take some new pics with any mod requests as requested

Thank you for your time, consideration and patience with this rookie trooper i am most humbled even to be considered

Darthfish

Hey man... first off, welcome!!!! Always good to have another trooper who likes to fight dirty! B)

Now then... here comes the comments on your armor. These are, of course, my personal observations and have no bearing on any "result" that may come from the TDs that be... if that makes sense.

Your armor looks really good over all. The pack is great, could use some weathering imho, but it's really good! You've got the right knee plate, and no buttons on your ab plate, and all that other good stuff, so really great start... congrats to the family! :D

Here are the things I'd say need working on before you'll probably get MEPD.

1) You need to add the 3 ab buttons on the left side (your left) of your ab plate.

2) You'll have to get another helmet. They have to be screen-accurate to be deployed.

3) Gotta make your boots dirty too. (I did the same thing for my first pics.)

4) Remove the 3 black "rivets" (?) on the sides of your belt. Actually, they'll probably request a close-up of your belt to make sure its canvas.

That's all the major things I see. It's a really good start though man!! (Fun stuff, huh?!)

Again, hope this helps... and welcome aboard!! :duim:

i will add a small thing, just interchange the shoulder pouch to the belt pouch. it will be better to have the pouch with small bag at right at your shoulder.

Good catch... I didn't notice that. B)

It really is a great start man!

It is a great start! the backpack is great! I agree with what everyone else has stated. My only suggestion is that you trim the belt as it looks to be too wide. that may be more of an nitpick sort of thing but it will help to enhance the overall look o the armor.

Thank you

I am so pumped to get this right..i have bid for a new bell on ebay already B) ..i have attacked the ab plate section and the belt will be moded and pouchs swapped asap.

so hopefully fingers crossed i will get some new pics soon with mods done...

thank you all for your most excellent comments I am very (yet again :) ) humbled to be even involved the MEPD

oh and boots are actually dirty now just gave em to my 4yr old and muddied the drive way...lol :blink:

Thank you all again

Dfish

So glad you're so excited!

I remember how I could not WAIT to get dirty!!

Good job on the boots. ;) haha

...i have bid for a new bell on ebay already B)

What do you mean "bell?"

Do you mean bucket / helmet?

And, I know you've already bid... but the 'Bay isn't the best place to find stuff... so, if you don't win it, let us know and we can point you in the direction of great guys who can help out on here. B)

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all

thought id better give an up date.

New helmet's (will post pics and see which is best) in transition

I am a little confused about the canvas belt thing I have used the ABS belt and then ,attached, with press studs, the canvas back to it.

My misses is upping the weathering process

along with the 5 yr old martching the boots up n down the back yard :blink:

ab buttons are done and is the ammo pouch an individual thing cause i just realised how i attached them and if i swap them ill trash some of the belt ??

oh and is this 'canvas' belt on ebay any good

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i think that covers everything

oh we did an Adidas troop at the local shopping mall

Posted Image

It looks like you're off to a great start with your armor! It's one of the better looking FX kits that I've seen. That being said, FX helmets are no longer allowed for MEPD Deployment. I'd be more than happy to take a look at any ebay auction and let you know if it's a good deal or not. Sometimes a decent helmet can be found, but a lot of the helmets are recasts or being sold by people who will ask for a ridiculous price. In regards to your pouches, it is personal preference, but trashing part of the belt might not be much of a problem, because you need to change the belt for Deployment. I found a photo in my library that shows the canvas belt. It isn't the best, but I've lost all my reference photos with the death of a full 500 GB external.

Posted Image

The canvas belt is attached to the back of the plastic part of the belt by three rivets that are then covered by the three "buttons" on the belt. The plastic strips that came with your FX kit should not be used. The canvas has a velcro closure at the back. For more pictures, click here-->photobucket.com/albums/v652/pan...ct/DSC06804.jpg. I hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you get deployed! :salute:

Thegreatsot

Thank you very much for your pics and info..i shall get my bundle of canvas and take it ,forth wit, to my workplace and use the 'industrial' sewing machines to get a set up to speed..the velcro can be black if hidden ??

thank you for your help ill post some pics when the kits arrive.

and yes looks like the belt will be trashed but in the rights spots so the ammo packs (which actually came from Germany and are canvas ones painted...) can be swapped...which is cool

Posted Image

the puches in production...

Thank you all for your help

Dfish

Those are some good looking pouches you found! Where did you find them?

As for the belt, the velcro closure should be the height of the belt and the width of the rectangular ridge on the kidney and butt plates. Here is another photo of what I mean:

Posted Image

Photo credit goes to Gundamzeppelin who makes canvas belts and shoulder straps.

I think you might be right, but don't quote me on that until I find photo evidence.

Well, actually... I can't find any of TD's right off, but here is one I found of a TK that has it (apparently) going from left to right.

Posted Image

But this guy (on the left) seems to have it going from right to left like I thought because you can see the "edge" of it in this picture.

Posted Image

Here's another TK right to left...

Posted Image

And here's the pack-less TD we all know... which appears left to right.

Posted Image

So... from those 4 it seems it's usually right to left, but it also seems — considering the 1st image and the last image — that it doesn't matter. If, however, we go by the last image (which is the only truly TD image we have of the belt) it seems it goes left to right. B)

Cool i have an idea of whats required now

The pouches were from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/GERMAN-WW-II-MP-38-MP-...=item2558a45661

We have sanded the armour back and began the entire weathering process all over again.

Now whats the go with the TD and blaster in the ANH Melenium Falcon Mos Eisley dispatch scene...is there one with a back pack and E-11 blaster plus pauldran ( what colour)..my kids have killed all 3 copies of my ANH :o

but the good news is that the Deployment requirements are slowly being met and should be on target for a post Easter Deployment..if all goes well :)

Dfish

You've got the right attitude, Dfish, be patient and take it one thing at a time. I trooped for a year before I finally got a non-FX helmet (not because they are hard to find), and it was worth the wait. There are many options available under $200, some even close to $100. There are many more now than there were a year ago. eBay isn't necessarily the best place to get one, just do some research here at the MEPD and at whitearmor.net (they know there armor over there, even if they are squeaky clean).

• 4 weeks later...

Gday

I have completed a few items now and will be putting final touches on the belt tonight, I have put the 3 ab buttons on..I have a new helmet..I didnt swap the pouchs around because i noticed that it seems to be an individual choice thing so i have left the combination as is..

oh and when the pics are ready you will see that the weathering has not been fully completed on all items but thats ok its still a few weeks till easter ( thats the yard stick for these series of mods)..

if all things are equall ill post some pics in a few hours

Dfish