"Sand" Trooper Peter's armor Weathering To-Date..

Trooper Peter

Brothers (and sisters) of dirtied plastic armor, I wish to share these high resolution pictures of my weathered Sandtrooper armor that were taken during last Sunday's (October 25, 2009) charity trooping mission executed by the 501st Malaysia-Brunei Outpost B) (A thread will soon be posted up at the Tours of Duty section in this forum)

This is my 3rd round of weathering on my modified FX Armor and the 2nd round for my Mr. LAWS Stunt Helmet, modified to resemble the iconic "Stop that ship, BLAST him" Sandtrooper Officer. Like many Sandtroopers, MEPD Deployed or otherwise, before me I applied the http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_dirty_tutorial.htm</a>'>Weathering Technique using Woodland Scenics Liquid Pigment to achieve the desired weathering effect. :) This also marked my trooping debut with the BFG of my choice the (Cushman Deluxe) DLT-19* and the first 501st Legion trooper ever to troop with this replica weapon in Malaysia. B)

(* further upgrades required such as the addition of the conical disk, metal wires to the T-tracks, more detail parts for the ammo box cover and other soft pulls associated with a Cushman DLT-19 and MG-34 as well as given my DLT-19 a proper coating of Rustoleum Primer, Gun Metal and Bakelite color for the Gun Stock)

...and here I am striking a pose as highly detailed 1:1 Scaled Sandtrooper Squad Officer Posted Image "Super Articulated Action Figure" armed with his DLT-19 (Pending Desert Backpack ;) )

"Hunter" Pose

Posted Image

"Medicom Real Action Hero" Pose

Posted Image

Face Right! (yeah I somehow pulled my Right forearm armor too up, thus exposing the leather velcro straps on my Nomex gloves :blink: )

Posted Image

Face Left!

Posted Image

Full Back view, yes before the eventual addition of my "Move Along" Backpack ;)

Posted Image

...and in marching action during the October 25 trooping. We outfit our minders with a 501st Legion logo round neck T-Shirts and the minder on the extreme left is actually a Police Reserve Force Sergeant. So its a MEPD member with a real PD Sgt, Sergeant Wong!

Posted Image

Also I will like to share selected pictures of my earlier Sandtrooper armor weathering efforts, and when I just trooped with a Hasbro E-11 :

My 1st round of weathering on my modified FX Armor and pre-modified & non-weathered Mr. LAWS Stunt Helmet

Posted Image

Pic was taken during November 22, 2008 during the 2nd Chinese Bloggers Con trooping event

My 2nd round of weathering on my modified FX Armor and 1st round weatherig on my Mr. LAWS Stunt Helmet, modified to resemble the iconic "Stop that ship, BLAST him" Sandtrooper Officer.

Posted Image

Pic was taken during June 7, 2009 during the final day of Movie Carnival 2009.

Feedbacks and constructive inputs for improvement are most welcome from fellow Sandies! Posted Image:)

To cool Peter.

Congrats whit your new sandy.

Love the weathering, new Dlt–19, and new assemble of your DL helmet.

Better get that back pack on your back asap bro, and deploy us.

Looking good, keep up the good work my friend.

Troop on :)

• 1 month later...

Looking sharp there bro'!!

You have done a great job on the weathering, just the way I like it...dirty :lol:

Keep up the good work Peter!!

by the way..do I hear someone yelling "get deployed" on the background :D

• 1 month later...

About time that I post my (overdue) response to this thread that I've started, back in October 29, 2009. :) :) :) This is before I start my "Move Along" Sandtrooper Officer Backpack build thread. ;)

Firstly, I really do appreciate all the encouraging and positive feedbacks that have been posted by Maurice (dutch sandtrooper), Zac (theGreatSot), Jerome (kenthork), Rolf (TD-252), Rick (Dirty Boy), Gordon (Gordonator), Rob (TD-8821), Erik (pappy1182), nico, Justus (dutchy), Jimmy (Juliusthegreat), Anthony (Ciscotiger), Dave (Sir David), James (dewbackjockey), Ben (bountyone) and Ryan (SandySith). I'm very pleased to know my (continuous) weathering efforts, using the 3 main Woodland Scenics Liquid Pigments, has met your approval. :salute:

• 1 month later...

Some updates on my end in line with the constructive feedbacks and critique provided by :

Your weathering looks great Peter! The only modification that I would suggest is to re-rivet your canvas belt to the back side of the plastic belt.

Most definitely Scot, I'll have to make some time (hopefully tomorrow morning) to drill out the existing rivets on my canvas belt and reposition it under my plastoid belt. As you can see my canvas belt does not around under the plastoid belt, which has already been permanently welded to my abdomen armor, but have to be re-affixed at both the left and right sides. Its a good thing I've communicated with Noel on how he did his and this has given me a clearer picture on how I will be getting mine done, without the all too obvious rivets! ;)

Moreover the pictures that Gundanzepellin have posted up in his Canvas belt & Shoulder straps Run thread, specifically these screen captures, provide an excellent source of reference :duim: :

Posted Image

Posted Image

and also his own picture here :

Posted Image

I looked at your pictures and it looks good. I only have trouble with one thing and that is your boots. Are they really 501 approved?

All you need is the backpack, cleanup the DLT19 and sanctioned boots and you'll be deployed.

Jimmy (Juliusthegreat)and Anthony (Ciscotiger)thanks for your pointers. :) I have note of your observations and have since taken action (or in the progress of) on these improvement measures :

1. I've already procured a new pair of the highly rated and screen accurate TK Boots from http://tkboots.com,

Posted Image

As a matter of fact I just collected my TK Boots this afternoon. :peace:

2. With regards to my Cushman DLT-19, on the interim, I've added the conical disk and ammo box cover on my Cushman DLT-19 as seen in this pic :

Posted Image

and the next item is add the metal wires onto the moulded on T-tracks on upper and lower part of my Cushman DLT-19 barrel according to these picture guides in BLASTECH DLT-19 HEAVY BLASTER RIFLE

Upper Barrel Fins

Posted Image

Lower Barrel Fins

Posted Image

However, in the long term I will further improve its overall appearance with the detailing parts that I will have to purchase ASAP from our fellow forum member, the talented weapons maker greedo :salute: