Vac-formed e-11 blasters are complete!

Jumpinjax

Fan-filming requires suits, and I have those. But I didn't have blasters, couldn't afford accurate ones(especially in quantity) and find Hasbro to be just silly and cartoonish. I needed something light, pretty tough and replaceable.

So had to make some myself!

I built this:

Posted Image

With a real Sterling grip, a casting of a foregrip that TE used to own, and the rest created from various....stuff. Cut the sucker in half, and went to work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whew! Tired just looking back at it :lol:

New updates are drilling the barrel vents in the molds.

Posted Image

So, just need to finish the T-track mold, refine the clip and counter a bit, and my troopers are good to go. Some locals showed some interest as well in having a blaster that the sweet little children can grab at while trooping without worry B)

Update soon!

• 1 month later...

Thats awesome! How heavy are they? Are they pretty sturdy?

They weigh practically nothing :D 6 ounces, tops.

Quite sturdy, they take a fall with no problem; considering their size and length, they are pulling thicker than armor. I'm kitting them out to those that would like one, people have talked about filling them with foam to gain more weight, if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Funny how things turn out. :D

The fanfilm maker that contacted me for a blaster kit was the maker of the now famous "Black Star Warrior" trailer! That gun took one **** of a beating and survived being used by a dozen dead troopers, tossed, dropped, thrown, and smacked against a plethora of solid objects. Pardon me while I toot my own horn, but I make a decent blaster ;) The guy hunted me down specifically for the gun, I suggested Hyperfirm but the budget was too tight, and well, it was created to be a stunt gun.

Now it's a famous stunt gun B)

• 3 weeks later...

Great work! AND a good representation of what the film industry actually does for these needs.... sure you could troop w/ a megabucks real sterling, but if you want a movie-like costume, these should fit the bill - or at least make a great "holster-stuffer" as they say in the "biz" ...

I wish I worked on the film industry making props, sets and models!!

Too bad there is not much sci-fi, fantasy-adventure, or war film making in Mexico.

All we have are those crude real life violent drug mafia and crime films like Amores Perros and all that.

Maybe someday...

Saludos.