Cut the cod piece?

FIVE

There's a post over on the FISD talking about the topic of cutting the cod piece. Everyone that has done it seems to love it... but it's not something I had ever even considered doing on my new TE2 TD.

So... what's the consensus here?

How many of you have cut it?

And where do you cut it? (pictures please)

Wow... one do and one don't... haha.

I'll tell you why I might not like it...

When I'm wearing my armor I like to feel "locked in." Like nothing is gonna fall off or shift around or get "goofed up." That's why I've never done it before. In fact, I have my butt plate cut (it comes that way) but the corners of it on mine are tacked down with E-6000 so that it can't really "bend" like it would if it were totally free. That keeps it in place though... which is more important to me on a troop.

So, at this point I'm still thinking "no"... I may change my mind later (especially after more people post here) but yeah for me, for right now, it's staying one piece.

I would recomend not making the cod modification. I did it to my AP and hated it. It's just one more piece to come undone and if it ever does, your new name will be "Mr. Inapropriate Trooper", if you catch my drift. I've also found that if you rig your suit properly, you should be able to sit and bend over to pick things up with a bit of effort. I'm able to ride in a car with all of my TM on, but I have to have help getting in and out.

So, when you have to go to the bathroom when still in armor, what you rather have? A removable cod piece or non removeable one?

Either way, if I need to go I just go. It's easy enough to reach around, or loosen the belt if need be.

i say do it,,,i can sit and bend quiet comfortably,,,did it 10 months ago and never looked back,,,i attached my cod and ab plates with a wide strip of elastic which allows freedom of movement and bending without the use of anything else to hold it up

Posted ImagePosted Image

elastic absorbed the weathering colour so no whiteness is visible (b4 rubbing majority of colour off,,,my style of weathering)

Posted Image

I'll go with uncut,you can always can remove the elastic that connects underneath the ab and butt plate,and wearing a two way zipper or crotch zipper option that come with some undersuits products,oh....and wear an underwear with button on the front :D that would be quite enough for me

If you want full accuracy, then don't cut it.

I cut mine, purely as it gave me a bit more movement, and the seam is hidden under the belt.

Never had a problem with them coming loose either on all the kits I've made over the years.

It's down to personal preference though.

I was just going to ask about that.....I am really short waisted and my cod piece is way too long for me....I mean the cod piece and the ab piece as a whole piece nearly covers up my whole chest and lower ab parts With the chest armor on it covers nearly the whole ab plate and all you see is the very bottom of the ab plate and thent he rest of the cod piece...

Should I cut it or no....and if yes HOW should I cut it...and the piece of elastic looks like a good way to attach it...

ShortTrooper (Diana)