Helmets...TE2 vs ATA

dutchy

As some of you know I am currently working on 2 ATA helmets, they were testpulls but should give a clear viewof the finished product.

In my opinion the ATA helmet is a nicely pulled helmet but lacks the size that the TE2 offers, don't get me wrong the ATA is a good helmet.

Size is the main difference between the ATA and TE2...size wise I would say that it is like the AP, also a nice helmet. the faceplate is also very nicely pulled and sharp and it looks like the CAP faceplate.

For al the rest, judge yourself....and don't mind the browtrim on the ATA, I know it's a bit crooked and the helmet still needs to be finished B)

Size difference is clearly visable in all the pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheerio's :salute:

Holy shrinking molds, Batman. I guess that's what happens when a helmet becomes a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy. How many generations is the ATA... fourth, fifth?

It's a "derived" fourth generation Mike...but who's counting? ;)

T :rolleyes:

Posted Image

If the ATA face plate have been add a little longer out, like the TE2.

It would have been looking bigger, from the side.

But its a nice looking TE cast line age helmet.

Sharp pull, and modify away scars on the mouth and back and cap.

But its a bit sad it smaller, and i have all ways think... the modify nose job, as too much over done.

Cheers :)

Posted Image

If the ATA face plate have been add a little longer out, like the TE2.

It would have been looking bigger, from the side.

But its a nice looking TE cast line age helmet.

Sharp pull, and modify away scars on the mouth and back and cap.

But its a bit sad it smaller, and i have all ways think... the modify nose job, as too much over done.

Cheers :)

Thanks for your comment bro'..

When I have finished them, one of them will go to a friend of mine and the other will go up for sale...

So Paul, still looking for one to go with the mini armor B):lol:

Posted Image

CAP/ATA (yes... there the same size to the eye) TE2, AP, TM

Yes, I reported the CAP/ATA smaller than the TE2. Not that much. The AP is a tiny lid. Now where is the bash thread on AP? That thing is so small it doesn't look to even be from the same line. The TM is shorter, fatter and is totally different (thankfully) than the TE line. The ATA is almost the same size as the CAP. Maybe a tad smaller but nothing to the naked eye. I have them all here looking at me.

Ill have to take some shots of the CAP HG with ATA and the TM I have here.

All I mean ALL these helmets are shrinking. Post up some NGB buckets. Do a size comp on that thing. Same thing.

Panties in a twist over the TE line is getting dumb. Especially from guys with motives in sales, bashing and spewing crap that started on DIY. Leave it alone. Let it go. Its over. Its now public domain, face it. Want a bigger lid? Buy a TM or a TE2. Nothing has changed.

I could not tell that to Gino, so I don't expect anyone to really get that.

:rolleyes:

It is smaller compared to the TE2 that I have gotten also, but it is not a bad helmet whatsoever. The AP is also a bit smaller but that's a great helmet too..had one of those as well. :duim:

And as TK-9135( who has a sweet collection of helmets there btw) says..if you know you got a big head or big hair... get a TE2 or a TM. :)

it looks like a museum is coming along to your den! :lol:

Goodluck with the builts grote broer,and make sure you post some pics along,like the good ol' Rocko's phrase,"we all love build up threads!" :lol:

So, there seems to be no consensus on helmets or armor. I was hoping to get some advice on where to start but now I'm more confused than ever. If anyone has a strong opinion as to what to get, this noob would appreciate some clarity.

Anyone wanna take a stand? Cheers.

You have to ask yourself what you want from your kit. Everyone wants different things so you have to make up your own mind.

Are you more concerned with price?

Do you want quality ABS or cheap Styrene?

Do you mind going to the trouble of painting your whole kit?

Will you be trooping or using it for display?

Are you tall, short, slim or overweight?

Is accuracy a concern?

Lots of questions have to be answered and then you can start looking for the right kit that fits your criteria.

Hope that helps :)

All that TM has written is true..but one of the most important ones also is budget.

If you want to go accurate but your budget doesn't allow you, just keep on saving...it's worth every cent.

FWIW, I believe ATA is reworking his helmet mold to correct for this in the future.

Also - to TrooperMaster you should listen. There is no one 'best' but there is one 'best' for you based on your needs. Also realize that the 'state of the art' for armor changes from year to year. What we thought was killer 5 years ago looks pretty humble now. In the end it's your suit that has to please you, so get what works best for you and your situation.