Small Heavy Blaster - The Sandtrooper Pistol

So, we all know about the Stormtrooper pistol (Rexim Favor) but probably fewer know that there is also a sandtrooper pistol. It was never seen on film, but there is a famous promotional shot of Dath Vader, standing on a Mylar background with three cleaned up sandtroopers. The two in the back are holding the RT-97C Heavy Blaster Rifles (MG-15) and the one in the front is holding a weird pistol. I can't remember now who figured it out, but the pistol is actually a Japanese Type 99 Light Machine gun. These guns are very rare and very expensive. I recently had the opportunity to acquire a copy thanks to postmortem1 and the sci-fire group. I have begun the conversion but just couldn't wait to share this with you as it is such a rare and obscure piece! From what I can tell in the poster, I need to add a couple of greeblies, paint the grip and make a few other alterations and this baby will be done!

post-52-1248886813_thumb.jpg

Braks

WOW!,nice find mate :o

Looking at the picture closer it looks like it as a similar set up as the E11 with a counter and curly wires.

The wires look like they're going into something on the side or possibly the top. :huh:

It'd be great if there was a clearer photo so that you could see what those greeblies are on the

front and side B)

Posted Image

Thanks for sharing this mate :)

Good call. I wish we had a better photo, but the poster is the only pic I have ever seen of that piece. In regard to the coiled wire and the piece on top, that is actually the same piece as seen on the Merr Sonn blasters. It is believed to be a plug and cord from an old flash unit but I don't think anyone has 100% IDed it. In regard to the two other greeblies you pointed out, I don't think we will ever have good enough ref to know for sure, and I am SURE they aren't pieces from the revel kit but they look so close to me, that I am using the same revel pieces found on the boba fett blaster. Here is a quick and dirty mockup.

Posted Image

Hmmm.....more weapons..

I LOVE IT!! :lol:

I actually have seen that picture in the making of starwars book I got at home but I never noticed it..I always thought that it was a mocked up E-11..

So a big thanks to you Braks for clearing up the mist around this weapon!! :duim:

Braks

WOW!,nice find mate :o

Looking at the picture closer it looks like it as a similar set up as the E11 with a counter and curly wires.

The wires look like they're going into something on the side or possibly the top. :huh:

It'd be great if there was a clearer photo so that you could see what those greeblies are on the

front and side B)

Posted Image

Thanks for sharing this mate :)

It would be better if one was in my armor tote. Can't wait to see these avail for ordering in my dreams...

Hmmm.....more weapons..

I LOVE IT!! :lol:

I actually have seen that picture in the making of starwars book I got at home but I never noticed it..I always thought that it was a mocked up E-11..

So a big thanks to you Braks for clearing up the mist around this weapon!! :duim:

I also got the making of star wars book picture, i have not think much of it because we donĀ“t see it in ANH...

Maybe we see it in some deleted scenes or something, or back stage a like kind of stuff.

Any way, great close up picture of the pistol gun BB.

Makes the gun more cool, on the group picture it looks like crap (like a tank went over a E-11 ha ha)

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...