screen accuracy

DirtyBoy

Hi, Im totally new and actually this is my first post...Im trying to build a sandtrooper backpack but continue to run into what seems to be the same problem for everyone. Where can i buy the radio?!? Ive used some makeshift parts to put a temp in place, but Im trying to be 100% on this thing prior to attempting to join the MEPD. Ive checked the boards and followed links but ran into dead ends everytime. any help would be really appreciated.

I have a crashman radio if you would like that. It's complete with all part ( sides buttons etc ) $35 plus shipping.

That would be awesome! Do you want to paypal invoice me at rickbates1@lycos.com? I will pay right now :)

I have a crashman radio if you would like that. It's complete with all part ( sides buttons etc ) $35 plus shipping.

Can you e-mail me pics of this? Im very interested. mastertec123@yahoo.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you e-mail me pics of this? Im very interested. mastertec123@yahoo.com.

Hi Marcus, let me know if you still need a radio, and I would be happy to send you a kit. I was in San Francisco at the end of June for the Cisco Networkers convention, if only I knew you needed a radio...

Posted Image

You glue up the sides to the base to make a lightweight box.

Trim away the 3/4" flare at the bottom of the radio faceplate - leftover from the vacuum forming process.

Mount the slide switches and knobs onto the radio faceplate.

Trim the medicine bottle down to 3/4" tall, mount the lid to the faceplate, then stick on the bottle.

Print out the radio dial graphic ( download it here: http://tk386.com/remotepix/sandtrooper/radio-dial.jpg 1MB) and stick it in the circle on the top left corner.

Print out the Sonix logo and stick it on the bottom left corner

Posted Image

Then use glue, or velcro, or magnets, or rubber bands to mount the faceplate to the box.

Add a little dirt and "ta-da" sandy radio!

Posted Image

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

MEPD requires no drop boxes. Accuracy with the origonal ANH sandtroopers are strictly enforced. Although there has been contoversy over the added on troopers, heavy weapons troopers from comic books and video games, they dont apply to the MEPD. But I'm not one to talk, Im still working on converting over, lol...

The drop boxs are on the special edition, ILM was to lazy IMO to get it right and just used some old ROTJ armor from my understanding. Even the weathering job(looks like they rubbed crap on their armor) :blink: and field packs are awful. Honestly they would have been better off using some of us at MEPD in the film.