Hi, can anyone help, I purchased some MP40 pouches recently for my armour in green canvass. Very pleased with the look of them, but I know that I will need to dye them black. Can anyone recommend a good quality black dye that will cover the material and not run.

many thanks,

Swiss.

For mine, I used this dye:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/search/...ct_4&kw=dye

I got the leather pouches, so this had to go over it (to prevent black getting all over my armor):

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/search/..._1&kw=sheen

I think I did at least 2 layers of each on my pouches - hope this helps.

As Mike stated, an acrylic paint works best and is the cheapest solution.

I also used a Humbrol black paint for one, to try it out, and that worked out perfect as well.

Make sure that you insert some cartboard in the magazine compartments so that it keeps it shape when dried.

Good luck! :)

OK... I can't help but ask... if this is a green canvas pouch for your shoulder, why are you dying it? The original was green!

I was wondering the same thing. So is it official now? Can't seem to find the thread that had the screencap :blink:

Thanks for all the replies. Was'nt aware of the originals being green, so it's too late, already done them, these were really bright green! In the end I used black liquid shoe polish. Gave them two coats all over and left them to dry, then sealed them with a clear waterproof spray, really pleased with them.

Thanks again.

Swiss.

Was'nt aware of the originals being green, so it's too late, already done them, these were really bright green!

The IMA pouches are fairly green, not like others that we have seen on the other canvas pouch thread where it is much darker...

I light hand brush humbrol 21 black paint, my green canvas mp40 pouch.

And let a very light sandpaper touch it all over, to make it look old and used.

Here you go:

Posted Image