First banning!

I got my first ever banning and I couldnt be prouder.

I went over to a notorious new pro-recasting forum as a direct result of being referenced over there because of the thread I was involved in here. But instead of sharing, we started "debating" recasting.

Apparently some of you dont know that it is because of these people's actions and attitudes that made me feel the way I do about sharing in the other thread. Braks Buddy (Art) can tell you I was never like that before. After all, I only know what I know now because people were kind enough to share with me.

The title of the thread over there was "Help Me Understand" and the poster, who is also a member here just wanted to understand why somebody could think how I do. I tried to explain and I did it in a very polite manner.

With the exception of a few members over there, I was pretty much a target for everyones frustration. Not that I'm suprised at that and I expected that after all. What amazed me was that people several times called my intelligence into question and I responded in kind. I was also told to share my personal info so somebody (who had challenged me to a fight earlier in the thread) could fly out to "meet" me. On several counts the people debating with me admitted to be either drinking, drunk, or hung over. One had even said he had a fight with his friend the night before.

After I had been insulted to the point I demanded a banning, there was a poll started to decide wheather I would be or not. A few intelligent posters kept me over there trying to answer the questions they had and I was still writing back to one when I was banned. I dont really care. I am happy I dont have to debate anymore.

If you want to hang out with a bunch of drunken cussing cowboys who run you out of town on a rail when you try to discuss things they dont want to hear even though someone asked to hear it in the first place, that forum is your place.

I have never been treated that way. I'll continue to stick to respectful boards such as this where such foul and insulting language is not acceptable, even if there is a disagreement at times. B)

I also promise to keep my mouth shut from here on out. I have never started a fight and will continue not to. But just dont ask for an opinion you dont want to hear! LOL

I dont want this to turn into the same tedious thread I just left so I dont want anybody to turn it into that. I am just blowing off a little steam and sharing my exhiliration with you of having been so "bad" as to be banned by people who act much worse than I ever have.

First is this then the second,kept to losing friends...................i dont even really care anymore.

BTW,you got point!

Do they even know how it feels to be threaten? I do,many times,and,..........................IT SUCKS!!

I'm a member of said forum and got to read that thread as well.

I also tried to be the voice of reason, asking BOTH sides to stay away from the insults and trolling that was overpresent.

It's an neverending argument though, and I guess it will always be heated.

I've said so before, and I will do so again: No insult fest will change the views of either side, so why don't just agree to disagree and move on

Edited by td7603

I agree that its just best to let it lie.

But I absolutely refuse to accept the opinion of a poster here and someone who PM'd me, that I "fired the first shot" or was contributing to and insult fest.

Let me quote my very first post from that thread.

"Sorry to stir things up again but I just caught this.

I am Midnight Trooper, the poster of this apparently terrible post at MEPD. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about why I said what I did.

I am perfectly happy to discuss in a manner befitting to adults but I really dont think I can say anymore than I have. I'll try to the extent that I can providing I am not banned instantly for possessing a different point of view.

I really dont want to be the bad guy here so someone tell me what I need to do to make things ok in your eyes."

Citing some of my analogies used on this forum people thought I was using condescending language and I addressed that;

"I promise none of those are condescending on purpose. It is really how it feels from where I stand and can you blame me? I have been really taken aback by this witch hunt that ensued after I mentioned I have these pictures."

"Interested to discuss this without too much negative passion if we can avoid it. I promise you that I am a smart *** too but that never adds anything good to a debate. It sure feels good to blow off steam sometimes though!"

Now not everyone who was countering my argument was acting poorly. Despite hinting that they doubted my intelligence, experience, motives, politeness and thought I was acting very high and mighty, in ways that didnt exactly endear them to me; It was mostly the man himself CAP/Weibes who destroyed any semblance of a sensible debate.

In a since deleted post, after absolutely no provocation from me, CAP writes;

"If your so ****** off come and get some, matter of fact i was fighting last night and my chin still hurts. I was up 24 and 12 of the 24 i was drinking and having fun, so come on over and we can discuss how you feel.. "

BBBBbbbbbeeeeeeeiiiaaaattttcchh!"

Other people thought this post, and others like it, were to be praised.

Now how would one respond to that? Its true that I did call them "rough and tumble" sort of people, I called their forum the "dirty bar in town" and I even insulted them a few times. But not before I was treated the way was. I'm only human afterall. Not one of my posts was made without it contained relevant information and I wish I could say the same of CAPs.

So to say I escalated the situation in any way by being what I would call painfully polite in the face of how I was treated is not an insinuation I accept.

Many people who are members there condemn how CAP acts and are embarrassed by him. Those are the people who I cant understand why they chose to be associated with him or condone what he does.

TK-14** (he'll know who he is) impressed me very much actually with his approach to the discussion and there were others that I respect. But they all rally under the banner of a person who I consider to waaayy beneath them.

I dont want to "stir the pot" over here either. But to not defend myself when it is made to sound like I went over there just to start a flame war is ridiculous.

Maybe the mods could lock this thread instantly if it starts to go south? I said what I needed to say and dont want to have to deal with this crap anymore.

Move along, move along.

Maybe the mods could lock this thread instantly if it starts to go south? I said what I needed to say and dont want to have to deal with this crap anymore.

i´m here watching it, Midnight Trooper! :rolleyes:

A good deal of the members of that forum are members of this forum as well.

It could be argued that not standing up to that kind of behavior, or abiding it, is almost the same as supporting it. The company you keep and all..

I've always felt it is a community's responsibility to toss out the bad apples or end up being counted with them.

could be argued, but we won't here, not again.

Wasn't Gino banned from all the detachments a little while back? For insulting language and "trolling"? Not that I mind him being here, it's just weird that people forget that bit about Gino very easily

agree.

however, the legion (which the MEPD is a part of) has a "no stance on recasting" policy, therefore i don't think you'll get any headway in here on either side of the topic. this kind of discussion (recasting or recasters) is best done in a PM kind of thing.

Midnight, I'm also watching..

:D

Thanks but there really was not much point to me staying beyond me trying to continue to make a point nobody over there wants to hear. I really wouldnt want any part of a forum with CAP in a control position anyway...

This is not an "angry because I was banned" thread, it is a bragging rights thread. :)

I said what I needed to say and possibly some people watching heard what they needed to hear. Thats all. I have better things to do than hash it all out again the next time it comes up. Too tired.

I dont mind having some good, non-recasting related discussion with people who are over at the other forum as well as here. You know where I stand on the issues.

i don´t knwo why some guys want to register at boards where they have a totaly different points of view

looks like a prayer is traveling throug the net to tell everybody what´s right

there are a lot of boards where you could talk about sandy, stormi and other sw costumes

most havee very similar topics

so i have no clue what you want at a place you know there is a big "recasting fan group"

and i have no clue why you would tell everybody you where kicked out forum this community

your opinion could be right

but you should learn that there are some guys with other goals out there

why you condemn others only because they have a different opinion ?

i don´t knwo why some guys want to register at boards where they have a totaly different points of view

looks like a prayer is traveling throug the net to tell everybody what´s right

there are a lot of boards where you could talk about sandy, stormi and other sw costumes

most havee very similar topics

so i have no clue what you want at a place you know there is a big "recasting fan group"

and i have no clue why you would tell everybody you where kicked out forum this community

your opinion could be right

but you should learn that there are some guys with other goals out there

why you condemn others only because they have a different opinion ?

...this is just propaganda and midnight pushes his ego after he was banned. Now he is looking for backup. ;) I will not put so much energy and time to explain everyone what happened without a twist. Everyone here should realize that midnight knew he would be banned for his actions so he can now start this drama here. It all has a reason - think about how childish this thread is. "please help me they banned me on the DIY? - Can I have Armor now Gino?".