Made from scratch backpack

iconoclasta_88

After a few months researching and looking for the right pieces I finally finished a made from scratch backpack. For this I used some stuff I picked up from the Home Depot, walmart, my grandmas kitchen and some local hardware store...

The only things that are not scratch built are the seedtrays (from mrbojangles) and the mortar caps and controls (from chrashmann), and the tupperware lid (from my grandma's kitchen).

It is not 100% accurate but was made thinking of almost all the details and trying to copy them with materiales widely available as PVC pipes, rubber bands, plastic "for sale" signs and other stuff....

This is how it came out.

What do you think?

Posted Image

*Edited: Here it its besides the pack I made with parts from Crashmann... looks kindof similar I think.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*Edited: And this is it after the weathering job. Im still waiting and hoping for it to wear down naturally.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saludos...

Wow, great work Juan! You put in a lot of effort and creativity to find and fabricate parts, and your pack looks terrific! You do very nice work, and your attention to detail shows in the final product.

I also like the two tone effect on the radio faceplate. That really makes the area around the speaker stand out, and shows an extra layer like the real Sonix Victory 75 :duim:

Keep up the great work!

Charlie

Looks fabulous! Where did you get the seed boxes?

Thx!

The seedtrays I got them from MrBoJangles from here... and there are a few other ppl making them. Just ask in the for sale section.

Wow, great work Juan! You put in a lot of effort and creativity to find and fabricate parts, and your pack looks terrific! You do very nice work, and your attention to detail shows in the final product.

I also like the two tone effect on the radio faceplate. That really makes the area around the speaker stand out, and shows an extra layer like the real Sonix Victory 75 :duim:

Keep up the great work!

Charlie

Thx Man! This is really encouraging and rewarding... all the work payed off. The aditions to the radio faceplate are still work in progress, but yes, my intention is to make it look more similar to the real Sonix Victory 75. Im thinking on the brackets to hold the strap, the plug ports, the more detalied dials and some other stuff... Ill show it when I finish it.

Anyway, I am very happy with the scratch built, but also super happy with the one made with your parts. Thx a lot bro!

They look great. What Blue did you use?

Thx... On the kit Pack I used the Rustoleum-American Accent Irish Blue , on the scratch built I used some oil based paint made to match the Pantone 290C and apply it with a brush. Got it at walmart.

that looks awesome dude.

I made mine from scratch. Really enjoyed doing it.

Paul

Thx a lot bro! It was a lot of fun!!

Great work bro :blink: ! Big respect out to ya :duim: !

Grtz RAY

Thx bro! It means a lot...

:blink: Thats a lot of work on the radio man...turned out pretty awesome!!

Yep. I think next to the siphon, it was the most difficult and time consuming part.

Thx a lot!

That's a job well done bro'!!

Felicidados :)

Muchas Gracias hermano!

Thx a lot bro!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work man!!

THX mike!

B)

Awesome work buddy!

Thx a lot Bro.

Very nice brother! Your skills are now complete! :)

LOL... Still wish they could be completed with a little more patience but... HEHE...

Thx a lot bro!

Excellent scratch build! Always a joy to see another member's resourcefulness.

I think this is the most fun of all, sharing and learning with and from others.

Thx!

Just curious, how much does your completed TD Backpack weigh? Please do share. :)

Unfortunately, I have already sold the made from scratch one. I can weight the other one, but this one is lighter for sure.

I will try and weight it on the weekend and will share ASAP. But its not that heavy.

Saludos...

Unfortunately, I have already sold the made from scratch one. I can weight the other one, but this one is lighter for sure.

I will try and weight it on the weekend and will share ASAP. But its not that heavy.

OK Juan, awaiting your info on the weight of your other TD Backpack. I'm very interested to know how light this one can be.

OK Juan, awaiting your info on the weight of your other TD Backpack. I'm very interested to know how light this one can be.

OH!

Sorry bro! I completely forgot about that. I will weight it today and post later... Just yesterday I took some picts of me wearing it and forgot about weighting it.

Sorry again.

Saludos.

• 2 weeks later...

OH!

Sorry bro! I completely forgot about that. I will weight it today and post later... Just yesterday I took some picts of me wearing it and forgot about weighting it.

Sorry again.

Saludos.

Hey Bro... finally I remember to weight the backpack... mine is almost 2.5 kg. Its not very heavy but this is made with parts from Crashmann... the built from scratch one was hevier.

hope it helps.

Saludos

nice work buddy!

Thanks bro!

Those are sweet packs ;) .

I have assembled 3 of them, its great fun.

I´m sure, they are not my last ones.

Keep up the good work budy :) .

It is a lot of fun indeed. I will not be putting together any more backpacks for a while, but Im sure these wont be my last ones... hehe

Saludos.

Hey Bro... finally I remember to weight the backpack... mine is almost 2.5 kg. Its not very heavy but this is made with parts from Crashmann... the built from scratch one was hevier.

hope it helps.

Saludos

Mucho gracias bro. :salute: That really helps. With your info, I guesstimate mine to be around 3 kg when it is completed because I'll be using Hollow Steel Pipes for my Backpack frame. ;) Yes I'll be getting some of the parts I need from Crashmann too.