What glue do you use for your armor?

Art Andrews

Can E-6000 be picked up at Wal-Mart or Home Depot? Those are pretty much my only two choices without ordering it.

Thought I might have seen it in one of those stores, "Micheal's" has it, probably most of the craft type stores carry it. Give em a call bud. :)

This one clear Art.

But you have to be careful, don't use too much. because it will and can eat your armor away. One other thing, it dissolves a small amount of the to glue parts and gets the colour of those parts.. :huh:

Also...don't sniff to much of it.... :blink:..it makes you :dance: !!

Grtz RAY

Just talked to John and he made two recommendations that might be promising.

First he recommended epoxy pigment which will allow you to change the color of virtually any expoxy.

The pigment is made by West Systems. White pigment is # 501 (make your 501st reference here).

West Systems Epoxy Pigment

John also mentioned that they use two cements from the IPS Weld-On line, one for ABS and one for styrene.

I missed the number for the ABS, but the styrene cement is # 4807 which is a milky white but can be made pure white with the above mentioned pigment.

IPS Weld-On 4807

While I have the white E-6000 on order, I might pick these up as well as I believe the IPS product actually fuses the plastic together where E-6000 is more of an adhesive.

Well, I gave the E-6000 a try today on some test plastic. I am going to try very hard not to trash it and will just say... it isn't what I am looking for.

E-6000 is a very thick (thicker than honey or toothpaste) gel-like glue. It reminds me quite a bit of Goop, which is funny because when I looked them both up, several sites say that E-6000 is basically an alias for Goop.

E-6000 solidifies slowly and "hardens" to a silicone like rubbery compound. If you lay it down on a piece of styrene and let it dry it creates a great little area of traction and reminds me of the rubber you see drizzled onto non-skid gloves.

While I know a lot of people use this and love this for armor, it simply isn't what I want. I think I am going back to looking into adhesives that melt and fuse the two parts in question, like the styrene cement John recommended from IPS Weldon.

Please don't misunderstand, if E-6000 works for you and your armor, great! It just isn't the type of glue I was looking for.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anybody ever tried the white E-6000? Does it yellowed?

I used a white Devcon,and its yellowed after some time

And it would be glad to hear what you all thought about the glue that they used back then. :)